Memory leak in PyQt application

Alexander Eisenhuth

Hello alltogether,

My System:

Python 2.5.1
Boost.Python
Qt 4.2.2
SIP 4.6
PyQt 4.2
WinXp

I've a memory leak in a PyQt application and no idea how to find it. What
happens in the application ?

From QWindow a QDialog is called on a button "pressed()" signal, that
instantiate a QThread and waits for it. If the thread has finished, the QDialog
closes.

I've stipped down everything that nothing more happens (to me obviously).
Boost.Python is used to wrap a C++ Lib (used in the thread). Every time memory
usage increases for ~70 KB.

Sometimes the application crash on closing QWindow. (QtCore.dll)

- One thing I ask me is weather garbage collection is done in the PyQt main loop?

What hints do you have to find the leak?

Help is very very welcome

Regards
Alexander

Daniel Nogradi

Python 2.5.1
Boost.Python
Qt 4.2.2
SIP 4.6
PyQt 4.2
WinXp

I've a memory leak in a PyQt application and no idea how to find it. What
happens in the application ?

From QWindow a QDialog is called on a button "pressed()" signal, that
instantiate a QThread and waits for it. If the thread has finished, the
QDialog
closes.

I've stipped down everything that nothing more happens (to me obviously).
Boost.Python is used to wrap a C++ Lib (used in the thread). Every time
memory
usage increases for ~70 KB.

Sometimes the application crash on closing QWindow. (QtCore.dll)

- One thing I ask me is weather garbage collection is done in the PyQt main
loop?

What hints do you have to find the leak?

Have a look at valgrind: http://valgrind.org/

HTH,
Daniel