    I am accessing a dynamic array in windows and through the command prompt. I can search the entire array through the command prompt
    in about 3 milliseconds, running the exact same code in MS Windows XP it takes 140 Milliseconds. What is up with this? What can I do
    to improve the performance in Windows?

    Peter Olcott, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Peter Olcott

    Ian Guest

    Peter Olcott wrote:
    > I am accessing a dynamic array in windows and through the command prompt. I can search the entire array through the command prompt
    > in about 3 milliseconds, running the exact same code in MS Windows XP it takes 140 Milliseconds. What is up with this? What can I do
    > to improve the performance in Windows?

    Buy a faster machine? Or ask on a more appropriate NG.

    Ian

    Ian, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Peter Olcott

    Peter Olcott Guest

    Never Mind, optimization was set to disable.

    Peter Olcott, Nov 26, 2005
  4. Peter Olcott

    Peter Olcott Guest

    "Ian" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Peter Olcott wrote:
    >> I am accessing a dynamic array in windows and through the command prompt. I can search the entire array through the command
    >> prompt in about 3 milliseconds, running the exact same code in MS Windows XP it takes 140 Milliseconds. What is up with this?
    >> What can I do to improve the performance in Windows?
    >>

    > Buy a faster machine? Or ask on a more appropriate NG.
    >
    > Ian

    It was a hundred-fold slower than it was supposed to be.
    Merely a compiler switch had set optimize to none, changed
    it to optimize for speed, all fixed!

    Peter Olcott, Nov 26, 2005
  5. Peter Olcott

    Ian Guest

    Peter Olcott wrote:
    > "Ian" <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Peter Olcott wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am accessing a dynamic array in windows and through the command prompt. I can search the entire array through the command
    >>>prompt in about 3 milliseconds, running the exact same code in MS Windows XP it takes 140 Milliseconds. What is up with this?
    >>>What can I do to improve the performance in Windows?
    >>>

    >>Buy a faster machine? Or ask on a more appropriate NG.
    >>
    >>Ian
    >>

    > It was a hundred-fold slower than it was supposed to be.
    > Merely a compiler switch had set optimize to none, changed
    > it to optimize for speed, all fixed!

    The bitter the problem, the smaller the cause :)

    When things go horribly wrong, look for a simple fix.

    Ian

    Ian, Nov 27, 2005
  6. Peter Olcott

    Guest

    Peter Olcott wrote:
    > It was a hundred-fold slower than it was supposed to be.
    > Merely a compiler switch had set optimize to none, changed
    > it to optimize for speed, all fixed!

    As defaults, Debug version of MFC Apps in vc6.0 are set for No
    optimization and Release versions are set for 'Maximize speed'.

    regards,
    - D. Rathore
    *remove all underscores for email ID*

    , Nov 27, 2005