Message not sending.. but why!?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Cat, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Cat

    Cat Guest

    Hey all,
    I am experiencing this really bizzard problem with CDO and W2K.

    I have the following code in ASP:

    Dim objCDO
    set objCDO = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Dim strMailBody
    Dim strMailSubject
    strMailBody = "User : John has changed their profile. "
    strMailSubject = "Sometext"

    objCDO.To = ""
    objCDO.From = ""
    objCDO.cc= ""
    objCDO.Subject = strMailSubject
    objCDO.TextBody = strMailBody

    objCDO.Send

    with the follwoing code, the message gets stuck in the Queue folder
    under mailroot. BUT if i change objCDO.TextBody to objCDO.TextBody =
    "User : John has changed their profile. " it works just fine. Am i
    missing something with the way this is working?

    Any help would be very helpful.

    Cat, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Cat

    Ray at Guest

    Have you looked in the event log on the server at SMTP messages?

    Also, I think you want your body to be:
    John as changed his profile.

    Unless of course if you mean that John changed one single profile that many
    people are sharing.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Cat

    Cat Guest

    No theres nothing in the event logs, the text of the email is just an
    example, im more concearned with why its not sending out rather than
    the content at this point.

    I have set the MimeFormatted to true, and it seemed to work once, but
    started breaking soon after. I can consisntently send the email if all
    the values are hard coded, but when i change them to use variables, it
    all break..

    odd one.

    Thanks

    Cat, Oct 10, 2003