    technically?

    thanks,
    - Markus
    Markus Fischer, Jun 15, 2011

  2. Markus Fischer

    Josh Cheek Guest

    On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:20 AM, Markus Fischer <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've not noticed a few missing messages during the last 24 hours which I
    > can only see on http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby but not on either
    > the Mailing List or the Newsgroup.
    >
    > I think I read a message somewhere from Ilias mentioning the same,
    > anyone else seeing this?
    >
    > My preferred media is the mailing list, but is it *the* preferred word
    > technically?
    >
    > thanks,
    > - Markus

    Can you link to the messages? I also view almost exclusively through the ML,
    so I'd like to check if I'm experiencing the same thing.
    Josh Cheek, Jun 15, 2011

  3. On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Markus Fischer <> wrote:
    > I've not noticed a few missing messages during the last 24 hours which I
    > can only see on http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby but not on either
    > the Mailing List or the Newsgroup.
    >
    > I think I read a message somewhere from Ilias mentioning the same,
    > anyone else seeing this?

    It happens once in a while. Ideally you post specific messages so
    gateway operators can check.

    > My preferred media is the mailing list, but is it *the* preferred word
    > technically?

    It may actually be that ruby-talk is not completely represented in any
    of the systems where you can access it. AFAIK currently there are

    - the forum http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby
    - the mailing list
    - newsgroup comp.lang.ruby
    - ruby-talk archive at
    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ruby-talk/index.shtml (feed from the
    ML)

    There are gateways involved between those systems which do some
    processing (i.e. spam filtering, filtering based on message format
    etc.) so it could well be that messages get dropped.

    Kind regards

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
    Robert Klemme, Jun 15, 2011
  4. Hi,

    On 15.06.2011 10:13, Josh Cheek wrote:
    > Can you link to the messages? I also view almost exclusively through the ML,
    > so I'd like to check if I'm experiencing the same thing.

    Ops, sure; this are all messages I haven't received yet:

    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005429
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005427
    ^--- that one even seems from you?
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005412
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005302

    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1931125#new

    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1929990 (both messages)

    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1919357#1005212
    ^--- this one seems broken on the web, dated at 2011-06-14 07:28 I've
    received on at 14.06.2011 07:26 with more then just the first line.

    I've stopped now but there could be more.

    - Markus
    Markus Fischer, Jun 15, 2011
  5. Markus Fischer

    Josh Cheek Guest

    On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Markus Fischer <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On 15.06.2011 10:13, Josh Cheek wrote:
    > > Can you link to the messages? I also view almost exclusively through the

    > ML,
    > > so I'd like to check if I'm experiencing the same thing.

    > Ops, sure; this are all messages I haven't received yet:
    >
    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005429
    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005427
    > ^--- that one even seems from you?
    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005412
    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005302

    I got all these

    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1931125#new

    Hmm. I did not get this one at all.

    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1929990 (both messages)

    I did not get this one at all.

    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1919357#1005212
    > ^--- this one seems broken on the web, dated at 2011-06-14 07:28 I've
    > received on at 14.06.2011 07:26 with more then just the first line.

    I also got more than ruby-forum did.
    Josh Cheek, Jun 15, 2011