micro authoritative dns server

xan2

Hi,

I'm new in python. I know that there are several classes for writing
dns servers, but I don't understand it

I just want to know if anyone could help me in writing a code for
minimal authoritative dns server. I would like that anyone show me the
code, minimal, for learn how expand it.

The code I desireed should do the following:

1) It has an hash:
hosts = { "myhost" => 84.34.56.67
"localhost" => 127.0.0.1,
"blue" => fe80::20f:b0ff:fef2:f106
}
2) If any application asks if know any hosts, say nothing if this host
is not in the hash (hosts). If this host is in the hash, return the ip
3) And not do anything more

So if we put this server in /etc/resolv.conf then the browsers only
recognize the hosts we want

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

PS: For personal communication, DXpublica @@@@@ telefonica.net

xan2

Lawrence said:
In message <[email protected]>,

You'll probably need to start by reading and understanding RFC1034 and
RFC1035.

Yes. But these documents are low-level documents and implementation of
that is terrible (I admire people who write code for low-level projects
like http://www.dnspython.org/). I would like more high-level code: in
principle, the programmer who writes his/her own dns should don't
matter if the dns server has to pass certain RR or another, else he/she
should matter in other high-level things

For that, probably using dnspython, I wanted if anyone could show me
the simplest high-level code for a authoritative dns server. DNS server
that only answers to the request of hosts that programmer add to one
list.

Thanks,
Xan.

xan2

Well, thanks, but I think it's so few for beginning..... ,-(
Is it not any high-level DNS class? Errrr!!!

Regards,
Xan.

Jack

No, it's very low level :)
Please post back if you find a good solution (or have built something that
you want to
open source :)

xan2

Jack said:
No, it's very low level :)
Please post back if you find a good solution (or have built something that
you want to
open source :)

The same if you find or create it

Xan.