    etc...?

    Do you know if MSDN subscribers will have this included in the subscription?

    What are your thoughts?
    VB Programmer, Mar 6, 2006

  2. re:
    > Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage?

    It's a replacement for FrontPage.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 6, 2006

  3. > It's a replacement for FrontPage.

    Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage. The other half will be
    SharePoint Designer.

    Expression is for non-SharePoint web site development, while SharePoint
    Designer is specifically for SharePoint web site development. That's a good
    thing, IMHO.

    But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer

    Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
    Ideas exist.
    Therefore, God exists.

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 6, 2006
  4. re:
    > Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage.

    My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be deprecated.

    I'm itching to get my hands on the Expression Web Designer,
    as well as on the SharePoint Designer.

    re:
    > But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

    Egads, no!

    ;-)

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 6, 2006
  5. > My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be
    > deprecated.

    You're right, of course, Juan. What I meant was that FrontPage is being
    replaced by 2 different apps, each taking over some of what FrontPage has
    handled as a single app until now. There will not be another version of
    "FrontPage" AFAIK.

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Hello,
    I saw a video of it at the VS 2005 launch, I think its a page designer for
    pros. By the way there's a contest for CSS design for the Mix conference
    winner gets custom xbox 360 and trip to Mix. www.mix06.com/contest.aspx. If
    you don't enter then you can vote for my designs if they ever get into the
    gallery. Design Names are "software" and "the hand is quicker than the eye".
    Maybe everyone could vote for DWS at 3pm eastern time and cause some havick
    on Mix06.com.

    Thanks.
    DWS

    =?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=, Mar 6, 2006