Microsoft Expression - Your Thoughts?

Kevin Spencer

It's a replacement for FrontPage.

Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage. The other half will be
SharePoint Designer.

Expression is for non-SharePoint web site development, while SharePoint
Designer is specifically for SharePoint web site development. That's a good
thing, IMHO.

But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer

Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
Ideas exist.
Therefore, God exists.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage.

My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be deprecated.

I'm itching to get my hands on the Expression Web Designer,
as well as on the SharePoint Designer.

re:
But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

Egads, no!

;-)

Kevin Spencer

My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be
deprecated.

You're right, of course, Juan. What I meant was that FrontPage is being
replaced by 2 different apps, each taking over some of what FrontPage has
handled as a single app until now. There will not be another version of
"FrontPage" AFAIK.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer

Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
Ideas exist.
Therefore, God exists.

Guest

Hello,
I saw a video of it at the VS 2005 launch, I think its a page designer for
pros. By the way there's a contest for CSS design for the Mix conference
winner gets custom xbox 360 and trip to Mix. www.mix06.com/contest.aspx. If
you don't enter then you can vote for my designs if they ever get into the
gallery. Design Names are "software" and "the hand is quicker than the eye".
Maybe everyone could vote for DWS at 3pm eastern time and cause some havick
on Mix06.com.

Thanks.
DWS