    an application from vb6 to asp.net(c#)

    Any help appreciated
    webbies
    Rajesh, Jan 26, 2006

  2. hi,

    Migration from an old technology to a new one is always tricky on the
    decision saing "Do I have to convert only or rething my code.
    Most of the time evrybody rethink there full code to match those .NET
    technoly and take full advantage of features.

    here is few check list :

    - Dabase access it totally different and needs to be redo
    - Form design to be redo as well
    - Function can be kept
    - declaration of variable is different and organised in name space
    - Classes can be kept

    But as an advise most of time a code reorganise on a new platform will be
    more robust and safe than simple conversion. By my experience also I have try
    to open an old project with studio. That clear that it tells you what to
    change, but that start to be a big mess.

    regards
    serge
    MCP Vb.NET, ASP.NET, XP

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Rajesh

    Rajesh Guest

    "By my experience also I have try to open an old project with studio. That
    clear that it tells you what to change, but that start to be a big
    mess."Unfortunately we can't open a VB project in visual studio :)

    When someone says that you are responsible for migrating this application
    from vb6 to Asp.net .What are the questions u'll come out with inorder to
    understand the forthcoming implemention of the exact requirement

    "serge calderara" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Rajesh, Jan 26, 2006