Mimetype .aspx?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBG?=, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. I cant figure out what mimetype .aspx pages are, i have been searching thru
    msdn and the only thing that i found was a way to list all mimetypes
    installed on the computes, output something like this:

    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.1 for Windows
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-1999. All rights reserved.

    Total MIME Map Entries: 189

    Extension MIME Type
    ..* application/octet-stream
    ..323 text/h323
    ..acx application/internet-property-stream
    ..ai application/postscript
    ..aif audio/x-aiff
    ..aifc audio/aiff
    ..aiff audio/aiff
    ..asf video/x-ms-asf
    ..asr video/x-ms-asf
    ..asx video/x-ms-asf
    ..au audio/basic
    -- More --

    what mimetype is aspx? is it like .exe files?
    application/octet-stream ?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBG?=, Mar 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBG?=

    Patrice Guest

    Humm.. What do you want to do with this infromation. An ASPX page streams
    text/html to the browser. This is a server side thing, the client doesn't
    care wether it comes an ASPX, ASP, PHP, JSP or whatever else page...

    Patrice

    Patrice, Mar 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBG?=

    oliiix

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Iis 7???

    So I need this information too :rofl: Just installed vista and IIS 7.0

    There's a lot different and if I try to open an .aspx page, IE wants to open/download it... but it doesn't display the page. If I add the MIME Type .aspx with type text/html it shows me the html coded section of the file but my asp.net code isn't translated at all... need help here...
    IIS Manager has ASP.Net in it but I just don't know what to do that he translates the aspx code successfully :(

    Thanks for any help :thrasher:
    oliiix, Jun 30, 2007