    hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.

    Thanks,
    Will
    Will, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Will

    IEDesigner Guest

    "Will" <> wrote in message
    news:pJuLf.28694$...
    > The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    > present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    > else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    > yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    > hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Will

    Look here:
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/browser/
    The sidebar is a feature of that browser. Not your clients website.
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 24, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Will" <> wrote in message
    > > The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    > > present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    > > else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    > > yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    > > hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Will

    > Look here:
    > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/browser/
    > The sidebar is a feature of that browser. Not your clients website.
    > IEDesigner

    Going on the OP, I imagine the "sidebar" is the navigation frame. When
    you consider that the sidebar is *missing* from the SBC browser, but
    *present* in IE, I doubt it's the SBC gadget.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Will

    IEDesigner Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > "Will" <> wrote in message
    > > > The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    > > > present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work

    everywhere
    > > > else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    > > > yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    > > > hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Will

    > > Look here:
    > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/browser/
    > > The sidebar is a feature of that browser. Not your clients website.
    > > IEDesigner

    > Going on the OP, I imagine the "sidebar" is the navigation frame. When
    > you consider that the sidebar is *missing* from the SBC browser, but
    > *present* in IE, I doubt it's the SBC gadget.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hywel
    > http://kibo.org.uk/

    If you look at the link I gave you will see that the Yahoo SBC browser has a
    feature called a sidebar. Do you think the Yahoo SBC browser doesn't support
    frames? That seems unlikely since they talk about a frames version of their
    email site here:
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/mail/errors/errors-06.html
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 24, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > "Will" <> wrote in message

    > everywhere

    > > > Look here:
    > > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/browser/
    > > > The sidebar is a feature of that browser. Not your clients website.
    > > > IEDesigner

    > > Going on the OP, I imagine the "sidebar" is the navigation frame. When
    > > you consider that the sidebar is *missing* from the SBC browser, but
    > > *present* in IE, I doubt it's the SBC gadget.
    > >

    > If you look at the link I gave you will see that the Yahoo SBC browser has a
    > feature called a sidebar. Do you think the Yahoo SBC browser doesn't support
    > frames?

    If you read the OP you will see that the OP *hasn't* got a problem with
    the SBC browser. Do you think that you can do that?

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Will

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article <>,
    > > > says...

    not

    > > everywhere

    SBC

    was

    > > > Going on the OP, I imagine the "sidebar" is the navigation frame.

    When
    > > > you consider that the sidebar is *missing* from the SBC browser, but
    > > > *present* in IE, I doubt it's the SBC gadget.
    > > >

    > > If you look at the link I gave you will see that the Yahoo SBC browser

    has a
    > > feature called a sidebar. Do you think the Yahoo SBC browser doesn't

    support
    > > frames?

    > If you read the OP you will see that the OP *hasn't* got a problem with
    > the SBC browser. Do you think that you can do that?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hywel
    > http://kibo.org.uk/

    It maybe due to a language barrier but I find you posts cryptic. Be more
    descriptive please. Do what exactly?
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 24, 2006
  7. In article <>,
    says...
    > It maybe due to a language barrier

    Possibly. I speak a lot of English, a little Welsh, a little French, a
    little Italian, and some Spanish.

    Your posts are saying that the sidebar is a feature of the SBC browser.
    That's *not* what the OP is talking about, saying quite clearly that he
    DOESN'T get the "sidebar" in the SBC browser, but DOES get it in IE. I
    doubt he's on about the SBC sidebar, but he's failed to provide enough
    information.

    I just think you've misread the original post, or you've missed the
    point. Going on what you're saying the OP should get the sidebar in
    SBC, but not in IE, which is the opposite of what's happening.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 24, 2006
  8. Will

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > It maybe due to a language barrier

    > Possibly. I speak a lot of English, a little Welsh, a little French, a
    > little Italian, and some Spanish.
    >
    > Your posts are saying that the sidebar is a feature of the SBC browser.
    > That's *not* what the OP is talking about, saying quite clearly that he
    > DOESN'T get the "sidebar" in the SBC browser, but DOES get it in IE. I
    > doubt he's on about the SBC sidebar, but he's failed to provide enough
    > information.
    >
    > I just think you've misread the original post, or you've missed the
    > point. Going on what you're saying the OP should get the sidebar in
    > SBC, but not in IE, which is the opposite of what's happening.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hywel
    > http://kibo.org.uk/

    The OP could certainly be clearer. Lets start fresh shall we? Here's the OP:

    "The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    Thanks,
    Will"

    To answer Will's question we must know what he thinks is a "sidebar"? It may
    be that he's speaking about the frame containing the navigation links at his
    clients website. Do you think the frame containing the navigation links at
    his client's website is missing when he visits the site with the SBC Yahoo
    browser? If so then why do you believe this is happening? Please tell me,
    what do you think the answer is to Will's problem?
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 24, 2006
  9. In article <>,
    says...
    > The OP could certainly be clearer. Lets start fresh shall we? Here's the OP:
    >
    > "The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    > present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    > else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    > yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    > hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    > Thanks,
    > Will"
    >
    > To answer Will's question we must know what he thinks is a "sidebar"?

    Exactly. It worry's me that he's talking about his "client" yet seems
    to be making a fundamental misuse of terminology.

    > If so then why do you believe this is happening?

    I have no idea. The OP hasn't clarified the details.

    > Please tell me,
    > what do you think the answer is to Will's problem?

    The "client" usually has his Favorites open in the side bar, and that's
    been closed. Perhaps the client has explained this over the 'phone.
    That said, if you look at the site in IE6 @ 1024x768, there's massive
    horizontal scrolling. See here:
    http://kibo.org.uk/demo/CS.jpg

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 24, 2006
  10. Will

    IEDesigner Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > That said, if you look at the site in IE6 @ 1024x768, there's massive
    > horizontal scrolling. See here:
    > http://kibo.org.uk/demo/CS.jpg
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hywel
    > http://kibo.org.uk/

    I went to www.carpentersshop.net with IE6 at 1024x768 and I didn't see a
    horizontal scroll bar. However at 800x600 I did see a horizontal scroll bar.
    Why do you see a horizontal scroll bar at 1024x768? I finally looked at the
    code too and I see it's not frames based, normally that's the first thing
    I'd do. I guess that business about the browser threw me off.
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Will

    Will Guest

    IEDesigner wrote:
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>>It maybe due to a language barrier

    >>Possibly. I speak a lot of English, a little Welsh, a little French, a
    >>little Italian, and some Spanish.
    >>
    >>Your posts are saying that the sidebar is a feature of the SBC browser.
    >>That's *not* what the OP is talking about, saying quite clearly that he
    >>DOESN'T get the "sidebar" in the SBC browser, but DOES get it in IE. I
    >>doubt he's on about the SBC sidebar, but he's failed to provide enough
    >>information.
    >>
    >>I just think you've misread the original post, or you've missed the
    >>point. Going on what you're saying the OP should get the sidebar in
    >>SBC, but not in IE, which is the opposite of what's happening.
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>Hywel
    >>http://kibo.org.uk/

    > The OP could certainly be clearer. Lets start fresh shall we? Here's the OP:
    >
    > "The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    > present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    > else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    > yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    > hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    > Thanks,
    > Will"
    >
    > To answer Will's question we must know what he thinks is a "sidebar"? It may
    > be that he's speaking about the frame containing the navigation links at his
    > clients website. Do you think the frame containing the navigation links at
    > his client's website is missing when he visits the site with the SBC Yahoo
    > browser? If so then why do you believe this is happening? Please tell me,
    > what do you think the answer is to Will's problem?
    > IEDesigner

    So, what I mean is that vertical scroll bar on the right of the page is
    missing on the SBC browser for my client so he can not get to the
    contents at the bottom of the page. My client talked about the
    "sidebar" feature on the SBC browser but I have not seen or used it so I
    am not sure exactly what that is. It sounds like you guys do though.
    He talked about resizing the sidebar and then seeing the scroll bar.
    Again, I don't exactly know that that means. He does not have this
    problem with IE though, it works fine and this seems to be the only
    website that acts funny on his SBC browser.

    Will
    Will, Feb 25, 2006
  12. Will

    IEDesigner Guest

    "Will" <> wrote in message
    > IEDesigner wrote:
    > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>In article <>,
    > >> says...

    > >>Possibly. I speak a lot of English, a little Welsh, a little French, a
    > >>little Italian, and some Spanish.
    > >>
    > >>Your posts are saying that the sidebar is a feature of the SBC browser.
    > >>That's *not* what the OP is talking about, saying quite clearly that he
    > >>DOESN'T get the "sidebar" in the SBC browser, but DOES get it in IE. I
    > >>doubt he's on about the SBC sidebar, but he's failed to provide enough
    > >>information.
    > >>
    > >>I just think you've misread the original post, or you've missed the
    > >>point. Going on what you're saying the OP should get the sidebar in
    > >>SBC, but not in IE, which is the opposite of what's happening.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>
    > >>Hywel
    > >>http://kibo.org.uk/

    > > The OP could certainly be clearer. Lets start fresh shall we? Here's the

    OP:

    > > "The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    > > present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    > > else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    > > yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    > > hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Will"
    > >
    > > To answer Will's question we must know what he thinks is a "sidebar"? It

    may
    > > be that he's speaking about the frame containing the navigation links at

    his
    > > clients website. Do you think the frame containing the navigation links

    at
    > > his client's website is missing when he visits the site with the SBC

    Yahoo
    > > browser? If so then why do you believe this is happening? Please tell

    me,
    > > what do you think the answer is to Will's problem?
    > > IEDesigner
    > >

    > So, what I mean is that vertical scroll bar on the right of the page is
    > missing on the SBC browser for my client so he can not get to the
    > contents at the bottom of the page. My client talked about the
    > "sidebar" feature on the SBC browser but I have not seen or used it so I
    > am not sure exactly what that is. It sounds like you guys do though.
    > He talked about resizing the sidebar and then seeing the scroll bar.
    > Again, I don't exactly know that that means. He does not have this
    > problem with IE though, it works fine and this seems to be the only
    > website that acts funny on his SBC browser.
    >
    > Will

    I don't use the SBC Yahoo browser so no joy there. Do any of the frames
    contain <NORESIZE>?
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 27, 2006
  13. Will

    Will Guest

    IEDesigner wrote:
    > "Will" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>IEDesigner wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message

    >>>The OP could certainly be clearer. Lets start fresh shall we? Here's the

    > OP:
    >
    >>>"The side bar for my clients website, www.carpentersshop.net, is not
    >>>present for him with his SBC Yahoo browser. It seems to work everywhere
    >>>else and even works on IE for him on the same computer. With his SBC
    >>>yahoo 5.02.02.409 IE 6.0.2900.2180 browser he has this problem. I was
    >>>hoping someone here might have an idea why this was happening.
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Will"
    >>>
    >>>To answer Will's question we must know what he thinks is a "sidebar"? It

    > may
    >
    >>>be that he's speaking about the frame containing the navigation links at

    > his
    >
    >>>clients website. Do you think the frame containing the navigation links

    > at
    >
    >>>his client's website is missing when he visits the site with the SBC

    > Yahoo
    >
    >>>browser? If so then why do you believe this is happening? Please tell

    > me,
    >
    >>>what do you think the answer is to Will's problem?
    >>>IEDesigner
    >>>

    >>So, what I mean is that vertical scroll bar on the right of the page is
    >>missing on the SBC browser for my client so he can not get to the
    >>contents at the bottom of the page. My client talked about the
    >>"sidebar" feature on the SBC browser but I have not seen or used it so I
    >>am not sure exactly what that is. It sounds like you guys do though.
    >>He talked about resizing the sidebar and then seeing the scroll bar.
    >>Again, I don't exactly know that that means. He does not have this
    >>problem with IE though, it works fine and this seems to be the only
    >>website that acts funny on his SBC browser.
    >>
    >>Will

    > I don't use the SBC Yahoo browser so no joy there. Do any of the frames
    > contain <NORESIZE>?
    > IEDesigner

    The site does not use frames.

    Will
    Will, Feb 27, 2006
  14. Will

    IEDesigner Guest

    "Will" <> wrote in message
    > IEDesigner wrote:
    > > "Will" <> wrote in message

    browser.

    he

    the

    > > OP:

    It

    > > may

    at

    > > his

    > > at

    > > Yahoo

    > > me,

    > >>So, what I mean is that vertical scroll bar on the right of the page is
    > >>missing on the SBC browser for my client so he can not get to the
    > >>contents at the bottom of the page. My client talked about the
    > >>"sidebar" feature on the SBC browser but I have not seen or used it so I
    > >>am not sure exactly what that is. It sounds like you guys do though.
    > >>He talked about resizing the sidebar and then seeing the scroll bar.
    > >>Again, I don't exactly know that that means. He does not have this
    > >>problem with IE though, it works fine and this seems to be the only
    > >>website that acts funny on his SBC browser.
    > >>
    > >>Will

    > > I don't use the SBC Yahoo browser so no joy there. Do any of the frames
    > > contain <NORESIZE>?
    > > IEDesigner

    > The site does not use frames.
    >
    > Will

    You are quite right, I apologize. I have frames imbedded in my mind probably
    because I responded to a thread in another NG about frames. Your site uses a
    CSS positioned div's. This may have something to do with the problem but I'm
    just guessing. Try asking your question in:

    On a different track altogether here 's a thread that might apply to your
    clients situation:
    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...o sbc browser sidebar&rnum=3#f98cc44203428e3e
    Your client may be talking about the History bar. The solution in the thread
    I linked to was to toggle the History bar on by pressing ctrl+i.
    IEDesigner
    IEDesigner, Feb 28, 2006
  15. Will

    Will Guest

    IEDesigner wrote:
    > "Will" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>IEDesigner wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Will" <> wrote in message

    > browser.

    > he

    > the
    >
    >>>OP:

    > It
    >
    >>>may

    > at
    >
    >>>his

    >>>at

    >>>Yahoo

    >>>me,

    >>>I don't use the SBC Yahoo browser so no joy there. Do any of the frames
    >>>contain <NORESIZE>?
    >>>IEDesigner

    >>The site does not use frames.
    >>
    >>Will

    > You are quite right, I apologize. I have frames imbedded in my mind probably
    > because I responded to a thread in another NG about frames. Your site uses a
    > CSS positioned div's. This may have something to do with the problem but I'm
    > just guessing. Try asking your question in:
    >
    > On a different track altogether here 's a thread that might apply to your
    > clients situation:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...o sbc browser sidebar&rnum=3#f98cc44203428e3e
    > Your client may be talking about the History bar. The solution in the thread
    > I linked to was to toggle the History bar on by pressing ctrl+i.
    > IEDesigner

    Thanks, I sent that to him to see if that works.

    Will
    Will, Mar 1, 2006