mobile web service security

a3jbkom

I need to implement security layer for mobile web service. I need your
advices and ideas in how does mobile web service differ from general
web service.

In other words what aspects of mobile web service those make the
implementation of security different?

What suggestions you do think?

Richard Maher

I need to implement security layer for mobile web service. I need your
advices and ideas in how does mobile web service differ from general
web service.

In other words what aspects of mobile web service those make the
implementation of security different?

What suggestions you do think?

I vote for IPsec and for moving the security from the application layer to
the transport layer. (Also covers UDP which SSL does not).

FWIW I recently came across this press release dated 31/3/09 about Android
IPsec
support: -
http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=7257

The MOBIKE protocol looks to provide very useful and flexible secure
connectivity options.

But you have to configure it at the client and server, so runtime discovery
of you at an internet cafe could be problematic :)

Regards Richard Maher