mod_python and zope

David Bear

I will be running zope, and I would also like to run mod_python. The problem
arised when zope wants a threaded version of python and mod_python wants
no_threads.

I've been searching the mod_python site for pointers on how to install two
instances of python, then configuring mod_python to use the non-thread
instance. Haven't found anything yet.

I'd appreciate any pointers the group may have as to how to install two
pythons on the system -- and freely switch between a threaded and non-threaded
version. I know I can do this with pythonpath or/and python home but I'm not
really good at experimenting without destroying things.

--
David Bear
phone: 480-965-8257

grahamd

David said:
I will be running zope, and I would also like to run mod_python. The problem
arised when zope wants a threaded version of python and mod_python wants
no_threads.

Threads work fine with mod_python. What makes you think they don't?
What
versions of Apache/Python/mod_python are you attempting to use?

Although threads work okay with mod_python, there are a couple of
patches
you might want to look at applying to mod_python if you intend using a
multithreaded MPM. Details of these can be found at:

http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/patches.html

BTW, for discussion of mod_python issues, the mod_python mailing list
might
be a better place.

Graham