mod_python Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) Python 2.4

Dieter Raber

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.

Thanks for your help

Dieter

Steve Holden

Dieter said:
Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.
It's looking for a 2.3 installation. It wouldn't be a good idea to try
to fool the installer, because the linkage to compiled extensions is
version-dependent.

I find I have a mod_python-3.1.4.win32-py2.4.exe in my current
installers directory which I must have got from somewhere. Off-hand I
couldn't tell you where, and Google isn't much help, but I'll mail it if
you want - it's only around an eighth of a megabyte.
Thanks for your help

Dieter

regards
Steve

Luis M. Gonzalez

Dieter said:
Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.

Thanks for your help

Dieter

Hi there,
A couple of months ago, I went though the hassle of trying to install
mod_python and unfortunately, there is no easy way of doing it
separately, because you have to take care about each component's
version, that should match the other component's one...
If you one to do it all at once and get it working, try Apache2Triad:
http://apache2triad.net/

This is a package inspired in EasyPhp and PhpTriad and. It installs all
the required software (plus a lot of other programs - check the
website). It is aimed at webdevelopers who don't want to deal with
individual instalations or configurations.
The only downside is that it will install many programs that you are
probably not interested in... but you might like it.

Cheers,
Luis

waldemar.osuch

Dieter said:
Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.

Thanks for your help

Dieter

Development version (3.2) of mod_python is here:
http://www.lehuen.com/nicolas/download/mod_python/
It works for me

Waldemar

Luis M. Gonzalez

Dieter said:
[...]

Thanks everybody,

I followed the link Waldemar had provided and there I found what I was looking for.

Dieter