    I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.

    Thanks for your help

    Dieter
    Dieter Raber, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Dieter Raber

    Steve Holden Guest

    Dieter Raber wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
    > downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
    > name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
    > imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
    > says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
    > I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.

    It's looking for a 2.3 installation. It wouldn't be a good idea to try
    to fool the installer, because the linkage to compiled extensions is
    version-dependent.

    I find I have a mod_python-3.1.4.win32-py2.4.exe in my current
    installers directory which I must have got from somewhere. Off-hand I
    couldn't tell you where, and Google isn't much help, but I'll mail it if
    you want - it's only around an eighth of a megabyte.

    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Dieter

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Re: mod_python Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) Python 2.4

    Dieter Raber wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
    > downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
    > name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
    > imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
    > says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
    > I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Dieter

    Hi there,
    A couple of months ago, I went though the hassle of trying to install
    mod_python and unfortunately, there is no easy way of doing it
    separately, because you have to take care about each component's
    version, that should match the other component's one...
    If you one to do it all at once and get it working, try Apache2Triad:
    http://apache2triad.net/

    This is a package inspired in EasyPhp and PhpTriad and. It installs all
    the required software (plus a lot of other programs - check the
    website). It is aimed at webdevelopers who don't want to deal with
    individual instalations or configurations.
    The only downside is that it will install many programs that you are
    probably not interested in... but you might like it.

    Cheers,
    Luis
    Luis M. Gonzalez, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Dieter Raber

    Guest

    Dieter Raber wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am wondering if there is a mod_python for the above configuration. I
    > downloaded mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe, which of course as the
    > name implies keeps on asking me for a python 2.3 installation. I
    > imagine one could cheat a little bit with a fake registry entry that
    > says it was about python 2.3 but that points to python 2.4. Then again
    > I don't know what entry mod_python's installer is looking for.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Dieter

    Development version (3.2) of mod_python is here:
    http://www.lehuen.com/nicolas/download/mod_python/
    It works for me

    Waldemar
    , Jul 20, 2005
  5. Re: mod_python Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) Python 2.4

    Luis M. Gonzalez, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Dieter Raber

    Dieter Raber Guest

    Thanks everybody,

    I followed the link Waldemar had provided and there I found what I was looking for.

    Dieter
    Dieter Raber, Jul 21, 2005