mod_python.so is garbled mod_python.so is garbled

Discussion in 'Python' started by blbmdsmith, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. blbmdsmith

    blbmdsmith Guest

    Has anyone seen the following error while starting httpd:

    Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of
    /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure
    `python_module' in file /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_python.so is
    garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO

    I am running python2.5 with apache server 2.2.3, using
    mod_python-3.2.10
    I ran mod_python configure ----with-apxs= /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
    --with-python=/usr/bin/python

    I have configured httpd.conf with the follwing lines:

    LoadModule python_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_python.so

    <Directory /var/www/html/python>
    AllowOverride FileInfo
    AddHandler mod_python .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug On
    </Directory>

    Thanks,
    Bill

    I have posted the same message on the mod_python group. Is this a
    better group to post his message?
    blbmdsmith, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Re: mod_python.so is garbled mod_python.so is garbled

    blbmdsmith wrote:
    > Has anyone seen the following error while starting httpd:
    >
    > Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of
    > /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure
    > `python_module' in file /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_python.so is
    > garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO
    >
    > I am running python2.5 with apache server 2.2.3, using
    > mod_python-3.2.10
    > I ran mod_python configure ----with-apxs= /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
    > --with-python=/usr/bin/python
    >
    > I have configured httpd.conf with the follwing lines:
    >
    > LoadModule python_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_python.so
    >
    > <Directory /var/www/html/python>
    > AllowOverride FileInfo
    > AddHandler mod_python .py
    > PythonHandler mptest
    > PythonDebug On
    > </Directory>
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill
    >
    > I have posted the same message on the mod_python group. Is this a
    > better group to post his message?

    The "mod_python" Google group doesn't get used. You should be
    subscribing to and posting on the mod_python mailing list for best
    chances of a response. Mailing list details are on the mod_python web
    site.

    Should you have perhaps used:

    --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

    Ie., is the version of Apache you compiled for actually the version you
    are running it with?

    Do you have multiple versions of Apache installed on your system?

    Graham
    Graham Dumpleton, Dec 14, 2006