mod_python Unable to create file

kaush

Hi,

I am using Apache and mod_python to service POST/GET requests on MAC
OS. My script tries to create a file

file = open(file_path, 'w')

This fails with the following error

EACCES
Permission denied

What is missing?

Thanks,
Kaushik

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

I am using Apache and mod_python to service POST/GET requests on MAC
OS. My script tries to create a file

file = open(file_path, 'w')

This fails with the following error

EACCES
Permission denied

What is missing?

To state the ovious: the rights to create a file at `file_path`. Remember
that web servers usually have their own "user".

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

kaush

To state the ovious: the rights to create a file at `file_path`.  Remember
that web servers usually have their own "user".

Ciao,
        Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Thanks Marc.
In Apache what are the ways/directives to set the rights to a folder?

Sean Allen

Thanks Marc.
In Apache what are the ways/directives to set the rights to a folder?

none. you set permissions via the operating system.

chmod would be the command from terminal you are looking for.

or you can do get info on the folder in question via the finder and
set perms there.