    JTextField

    Thanks for your advice,

    Luc

    Luc Van Biervliet, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Luc Van Biervliet

    Rhino Guest

    I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by "model" in your question.

    If it was my project or assignment, I'd write the code using the AWT
    components, then, once I had it working, I would change each of the AWT
    components to their corresponding Swing components so that TextFields became
    JTextFields, Frames became JFrames, etc. Then, I'd fix the inevitable
    compile errors and test the Swing version. That's basically the process I
    went through to convert my old AWT programs over to Swing versions.

    Assuming that you are already familiar with all of the components, that
    shouldn't be hard to do. If some of the components are *not* familiar to
    you, I'd suggest the Java Tutorial which can be viewed online or downloaded
    to run on your own computer. The Java Tutorial explains the Swing components
    pretty well. It looks as if the AWT components aren't really covered in the
    Java Tutorial any more; at least I couldn't find them in a quick glance.
    Maybe a trip to your local bookstore or library would help you find an older
    Java book that discusses these in more detail. Of course the AWT components
    are still in the API but that's not the nicest way to learn these
    components.

    As I said, I didn't really understand your question so I don't know if I've
    answered it. If I haven't clarify your question and maybe someone can give
    you a better answer.

    Rhino

    "Luc Van Biervliet" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I need to write a small java-application. I have to build the

    user-interface
    > out of
    > Swing-components (for most users) and out of Awt-components (for users who
    > can't
    > use Swing).
    > How can i model/do this?
    >
    > Requirements:
    > - The user-interface is an instance of a direct subclass of java.awt.Frame
    > - I wanna use the following awt-components: Label, List, TextArea,

    TextField

    Rhino, Apr 5, 2004