Modelsim Directory Answer

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by ALuPin, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. ALuPin

    ALuPin Guest

    Hi,

    first of all: I tried to answer to the last post (Mr Lewis) of the
    Subject "Modelsim Diretory" and got the error message
    "Unable to retrieve message "
    What kind of problem could that be? Has someone experienced that?

    Mr Lewis,

    thank you for your answer.

    I have changed my script but now there is one problem now:

    One of the VHDL files describes an Altera RAM template which uses
    a memory initialization file (HEX format).

    How do I have to include the location of that file
    in my script ?
    (It is located in the SIM_DIR)

    Here is the script:

    vlib work
    set SRC_DIR "h:/eda/altera/back_today/usb_extender/sdram_ctrl"
    set SRC_DIR2 "h:/eda/altera/back_today/usb_extender/sie_trans_fs"
    set SIM_DIR "h:/eda/altera/back_today/usb_extender/sdram_ctrl/simulation/modelsim"
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/sdram_positions_arbitration/fraction_sdram_numbers_fifo.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/sdram_positions_arbitration/mux_fraction_fifo_outputs.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/sdram_positions_arbitration/sdram_pos_arbiter.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/sdram_positions_arbitration/sdram_positions_arbitration.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/valid_bytes_in_row.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/tristate_buffer.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/sdram_controller.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR}/sdram_ctrl.vhd
    vcom ${SIM_DIR}/mt48lc8m16a2.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR2}/read_burst_fifo.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR2}/crc16_8bit_in.vhd
    vcom ${SRC_DIR2}/sie_trans_fs.vhd
    vcom ${SIM_DIR}/tb_sdram_ctrl_sie_fs.vhd

    vsim tb_sdram_ctrl_sie_fs

    do Simulationsplot_sdram_ctrl_sie_fs.do
    run 1200us -all
    configure wave -signalnamewidth 1