Modifying body of select message in a 'mbox' file.

Michael March

I am been playing with the 'email' and 'mailbox' modules trying to read
in an email at a time from an mbox file, add something to the body of a
message and then write that change back out in 'mbox' format again.

Is there any code floating around out there that allows you to take a
message from 'mailbox', modify it with 'email' and then write it back
out via 'mailbox' again?

thanks!

Cowmix

Well.. I hate to reply to my own post.. but here is an update..

When I flatten a 'mbox' mail message and suck it into a 'email' mail
message.. things look fine except that every MIME encoded section has a
'UNIX From' header added to the top of it.... and the From user is set
to 'nobody'..

Does anyone know why this 'From' header is added to every MIME encoded
section in the body?

thanks!