module for 'po' files

Dennis Benzinger

Sara said:
Hi all
Is there a module for processing & handling '.po'
files in python?
[...]

I don't know if there is a module for processing them, but
Python comes with msgfmt.py (in Tools/i18n) which creates
..mo files out of your .po files.

So read the source and see if there's something in there
which you can use!

Bye,
Dennis

vincent wehren

Sara said:
Hi all
Is there a module for processing & handling '.po'
files in python?

Don't know exactly what you mean by "processing & handling". What do you
want to do?

David Fraser

Sara said:
Hi all
Is there a module for processing & handling '.po'
files in python?

If you want to do anything beyond standard gettext (which is handled by
the gettext module) there's lots of code at translate.sourceforge.net ...

David