MoinMoin configuration

kyosohma

Hi,

I am working on a new site about Python to help document some of the
modules that don't have much for documentation. Anyway, I chose to use
MoinMoin because it has very easy-to-use code display with line
numbers that toggle on and off.

The question I have is how do I configure MoinMoin to force users to
login before making changes and still allow the user to choose if he/
she wants to sign the edit or not? It looks like Python.org has that
kind of thing in place.

I have read through the ACL instructions on MoinMoin's site, but I
don't understand how to make it work. See http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAccessControlLists

To me it seems to be saying that you have to create a page before you
can set the ACL for it. I don't want a bunch of pages where some have
ACL's and some don't.

If you can clear up my confusion, that would be great. Thanks!

Mike

Eric S. Johansson

I have read through the ACL instructions on MoinMoin's site, but I
don't understand how to make it work. See http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAccessControlLists

To me it seems to be saying that you have to create a page before you
can set the ACL for it. I don't want a bunch of pages where some have
ACL's and some don't.

If you can clear up my confusion, that would be great. Thanks!

Yes, it is confusing and I went to this recently myself.

in your site configuration file, wikiconfig.py, The only ACL that you should
have (for this capability) are the two below. Before you put the acl's in
place, you need to create the page AuthorizedGroup and put your wikiname in
there. This will make you a member of the authorized group and able to edit
that page after the ACLs are put in place.

acl_rights_default = u"All:read"
acl_rights_before = u"AuthorizedGroup:admin,read,write,delete,revert"

if you wanted to make things a little more complicated and possibly secure, it
should be possible to put in a page specific acl preventing anyone from reading
"authorize groups" unless they are a member of the authorized group page and
anyone from writing unless they are you. I would love to see if this kind of
functionality would work but I don't have the time to play around with it
(currently beating my head against flash memory and grub problems). So if you
come up with a solution, feel free to e-mail me directly or if you have any
other questions, also, feel free to send me mail. Might not know the answer but
at least we can commiserate. :)

---eric

Hendrik van Rooyen

Eric S. Johansson said:
(currently beating my head against flash memory and grub problems). So if you
come up with a solution, feel free to e-mail me directly or if you have any
other questions, also, feel free to send me mail. Might not know the answer but
at least we can commiserate. :)

Misery shared is misery halved...

:)

- Hendrik