More debuging an line number.

Anders Both

I use treads and asynchronous methods within my asp.net application. When
ever error´s is throw from within some asynchronous callede method (or a
thread i supose) the normal .net error window pop´s up. But there is no info
on line number or anything. It just says the type of exception and that it
occurred in Unknown Module.

Can I do anything to make the debug in this kind of design more easy?

(This code must run within the asp.net process, to make a new process and
use .NET Remoting would be far to dificult)

Craig Deelsnyder

Anders said:
I use treads and asynchronous methods within my asp.net application. When
ever error´s is throw from within some asynchronous callede method (or a
thread i supose) the normal .net error window pop´s up. But there is no info
on line number or anything. It just says the type of exception and that it
occurred in Unknown Module.

Can I do anything to make the debug in this kind of design more easy?

(This code must run within the asp.net process, to make a new process and
use .NET Remoting would be far to dificult)
Are you building your app in Debug mode, not Release mode? That should insert
the debug symbols needed to give you line numbers, etc.