    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    V.Balaji
    Balaji, Apr 27, 2006

  2. If the user opens your application from independently launched browser
    instances, the instances should not share a session since the browser
    instances won't be sharing their session cookies.

    Nicole Calinoiu, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Balaji

    Balaji Guest

    Thanks Calinoiu

    I do agree with you, but we are launching the application from a base
    page where there is a link and we open the application in a popup when
    the user clicks the link. What do we do in this case.

    Regards,
    V.Balaji
    Balaji, Apr 27, 2006
  4. If the application is opened from the same browser instance, the cookies
    will be shared, so the sessions will be shared.

    Nicole Calinoiu, Apr 27, 2006
  5. Balaji

    Balaji Guest

    Thanks Calinoiu

    I knew about the problem what you are trying to explain, i need a way out.

    Regards,
    V.Balaji

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:00:53 +0530, you wrote in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:

    Balaji, Apr 27, 2006
  6. The way out is to instruct your users to start a new browser instance.

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Apr 28, 2006
  7. Balaji

    Damien Guest

    Balaji wrote:
    > Thanks Calinoiu
    >
    > I knew about the problem what you are trying to explain, i need a way out.
    >
    > Regards,
    > V.Balaji

    Cookieless sessions!

    If the page you are launching from is within the web application (and
    so already has a session id in the url) then launching the new page
    with an absolute URL (e.g.
    http://your.domain.tld/Application/Page.aspx) should, I believe,
    generate a new session id.

    If the page you're launching from isn't within the web application,
    then relative URLs should work as well.

    Damien
    Damien, Apr 28, 2006
  8. If cookieless sessions aren't an option, there are a few other possible
    approaches:

    1. Use different host names (e.g.: machine name and IP address) when
    opening the separate instances, or
    2. Use a custom session module that allows you to control how session
    cookies are named, or
    3. (ASP.NET 2.0 only) Create more than one instance of your application,
    with each one using a different session cookie name.

    Nicole Calinoiu, Apr 28, 2006