move from development machine to server

Antonio Policelli

hello group

i wrote a asp.net application on my xp pro machine., now i want to
move it to server. i used vs.net 2003. it looks like the sln file is
in my code folder, but the web site is in c:\inetpub\wwwroot.

do i just copy the wholed website from wwwroot to the server? server
is windows server 2003. do i have to do anything in iis?

thanks!
AP

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You could copy just the directory off wwwroot, but you should delete the
extra files. all the .resx, .cs, or any source safe files. Then just copy
the site over.

You should copy the directory to a temp directory to delete the stuff out,
otherwise you will delete you codebehind files.

bill

Howard, Brett

Look at the Copy Project option under the Project menu list. What I have
read from Microsoft is that this is how you are suppose to deploy compiled
ASP.Net projects. If you are doing just in time compilation, you really
don't need to do it this way.