Moving text

ben_walker

I am building my first website and i wanted to ask how do you get the
text to move on my site. Also how do you get a counter? ps if you want
to see my site go to www.gvdstuff.tk and give me some more tips!!

Harlan Messinger

I am building my first website and i wanted to ask how do you get the
text to move on my site.

Are you afraid that if the text stands still people will have a chance
to read it?
> Also how do you get a counter?

www.statcounter.com--which won't tell you how many real people are
reading your pages, only how many times they're requested, which
includes requests by search engine spiders and so on.

cwdjrxyz

I am building my first website and i wanted to ask how do you get the
text to move on my site. Also how do you get a counter? ps if you want
to see my site go to www.gvdstuff.tk and give me some more tips!!

Moving text takes in a lot of territory, and I am not sure what you
might like. IE browsers support a marquee tag that causes text to move
across the screen, but this is not supported by many other browsers.

You can also use code to allow you to drag-and-drop text, images, or a
whole mixed division around anywhere on the screen. See
http://www.cwdjr.net/test/newDrag.html. Click on and hold down the
mouse key over an image or text and then move the mouse to move the
text or image. For other text effects, go to
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex10/index.html. These effects
will be shown when you view a page there for each effect. Note that
some work for most recent browsers, and some work only for a certain
family of browsers, such as IE.

These types of effects are not used nearly as much as in the past,
especially on business sites. Some, including several who use this
group, dislike such effects quite a bit.