    sticking two tables side by side ?

    Many thanks in advance,

    Aaron

    Aaron Gray, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Aaron Gray

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Aaron Gray" <> wrote:

    >I want an "isZZZ" variable that I can use to generate
    >"display: -moz-inline-box;" rather than "display: inline-block;" but in DOM.
    >
    >For this I need to know what version of Mozilla this "feature" was added and
    >also how to detect Mozilla as a userAgent.
    >
    >Alternatively is there an alternative to "display: -moz-inline-box" for
    >sticking two tables side by side ?

    I'd code a cross browser solution and forget about UA sniffing.

    The correct CSS value to use is "inline-table", unfortunately like
    "inline-block", "inline-table" is another long standing deficiency in
    Mozilla's CSS support. (I'm guessing there's something in Mozilla's core
    code that prevents such from working)

    I'd suggest never to use "-moz-inline-block" for anything as the result
    is terrible, nothing like "inline-block".

    The following works in IE, Mozilla and Opera if you don't use a border
    around the table element and if you are not fussy about vertical-align:

    yourvarname.style.display = 'inline';
    yourvarname.style.display = 'inline-table';

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jan 4, 2007

  3. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    I used :-

    table.style.display = "inline";

    in the end. Seems to work fine.

    Could not seem to get DOM to work with styles and classes at all.

    Aaron

    Aaron Gray, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Aaron Gray

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Aaron Gray" <> wrote:

    > table.style.display = "inline";
    >
    >in the end. Seems to work fine.

    They say that ignorance is bliss.

    >Could not seem to get DOM to work with styles and classes at all.

    We can't help if you don't show us the problem.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jan 4, 2007
  5. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message
    > "Aaron Gray" <> wrote:
    >
    >> table.style.display = "inline";
    >>
    >>in the end. Seems to work fine.

    > They say that ignorance is bliss.
    >
    >>Could not seem to get DOM to work with styles and classes at all.

    > We can't help if you don't show us the problem.

    No, I have avoided the prolem for now. The project is pre-alpha at the
    moment, but I suppose I could given an example. Sorry. I may do when I get
    some more time.

    Thanks for your help,

    Aaron

    Aaron Gray, Jan 4, 2007