Mozilla / (Geko ?) test and "display: -moz-inline-box"

Aaron Gray

Hi,

I want an "isZZZ" variable that I can use to generate
"display: -moz-inline-box;" rather than "display: inline-block;" but in DOM.

For this I need to know what version of Mozilla this "feature" was added and
also how to detect Mozilla as a userAgent.

Alternatively is there an alternative to "display: -moz-inline-box" for
sticking two tables side by side ?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Spartanicus

Aaron Gray said:
I want an "isZZZ" variable that I can use to generate
"display: -moz-inline-box;" rather than "display: inline-block;" but in DOM.

For this I need to know what version of Mozilla this "feature" was added and
also how to detect Mozilla as a userAgent.

Alternatively is there an alternative to "display: -moz-inline-box" for
sticking two tables side by side ?

I'd code a cross browser solution and forget about UA sniffing.

The correct CSS value to use is "inline-table", unfortunately like
"inline-block", "inline-table" is another long standing deficiency in
Mozilla's CSS support. (I'm guessing there's something in Mozilla's core
code that prevents such from working)

I'd suggest never to use "-moz-inline-block" for anything as the result
is terrible, nothing like "inline-block".

The following works in IE, Mozilla and Opera if you don't use a border
around the table element and if you are not fussy about vertical-align:

yourvarname.style.display = 'inline';
yourvarname.style.display = 'inline-table';

Aaron Gray

I used :-

table.style.display = "inline";

in the end. Seems to work fine.

Could not seem to get DOM to work with styles and classes at all.

Aaron

Spartanicus

Aaron Gray said:
table.style.display = "inline";

in the end. Seems to work fine.

They say that ignorance is bliss.
Could not seem to get DOM to work with styles and classes at all.

We can't help if you don't show us the problem.

Aaron Gray

Spartanicus said:
They say that ignorance is bliss.

We can't help if you don't show us the problem.

No, I have avoided the prolem for now. The project is pre-alpha at the
moment, but I suppose I could given an example. Sorry. I may do when I get
some more time.

Thanks for your help,

Aaron