MP3 player with Multiple Soundcards

Robb-Ernst

Greetings all,

Hope someone can help. We are writing a multimedia application using J2EE
on Linux platform using Jbuilder 8.

We are trying to get the number of soundcards within a computer so that we
can play different MP3 files through them.

The sound will be cabled to different areas of the client premises.

So far we have been able to play and mix MP3 files using the 1 sound card.
However we have not been able to find

a class which will allow us to direct the MP3 files to different sound
cards.

regards Robbert Ernst

Miguel De Anda

Robb-Ernst said:
Greetings all,

Hope someone can help. We are writing a multimedia application using J2EE
on Linux platform using Jbuilder 8.

We are trying to get the number of soundcards within a computer so that we
can play different MP3 files through them.

The sound will be cabled to different areas of the client premises.

So far we have been able to play and mix MP3 files using the 1 sound card.
However we have not been able to find

a class which will allow us to direct the MP3 files to different sound
cards.

regards Robbert Ernst

On a similar note, is it possible to direct sound to specific speakesrs?
Like if they have a 4+ speaker setup?