MSDN Subscriber Downloads: which version of VS2005 do I download?

clintonG

I've already checked out Microsoft's current build information resource [1]
and went to the MSDN subscriber downloads. The subscriber downloads menu
indicates two separate downloads for Visual Studio 2005...

- Visual Studio 2005
+ Visual Studio Beta 2
+ Visual Studio 2005 Community Technology Preview

** Which menu section do I want to download from to obtain the latest
Professional Edition release with no dependencies requiring Team System
installs?

** I am using XP Pro. If I must download an image the includes Team System
dependencies is it possible to install Visual Studio 2005 Professional
without Team System?

** Which -- if any -- has the most complete documentation when using F1?

** What is the recommended procedure for installing the latest release when
an existing 2005 release is already present?

I don't even know what I have installed at the moment.
The best information I can get out of my current install follows:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)

Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50215

Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 55603-000-0000016-00616
Microsoft Visual Basic 2005

Microsoft Visual C# 2005 55603-000-0000016-00616
Microsoft Visual C# 2005

Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office 55603-000-0000016-00616
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 55603-000-0000016-00616
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005

I know that's a lot of questions but I've forgotten what I thought I learned
a couple months ago and confuse easy ;-)

<%= Clinton Gallagher

[1] http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/get/

T. DAVIS JR

Community Tech Preview is the latest and greatest stuff; but not fully
tested, so it can be buggy. I would just stick to the Beta 2 to avoid some
issues.

clintonG

I think I have Beta 2 Standard Edition installed but I don't know how to
confirm.

Today I lost formatting of my C# bracing. Do you by any chance know how to
reconfigure?

// preferred style
Page_PreInit
{
//whatever
}

<%= Clinton Gallagher

--
T. DAVIS JR

- .NET will change the way developers develop applications

clintonG said:
[...]

Kevin Spencer

I agree. I have installed the CTP (at least one of them) and several betas,
and the betas have presented the least issues, as well as performing much
better. Go figure.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

clintonG said:
[...]

Yea, what is the smilie for perpetually confused? ;-)

<%= Clinton Gallagher