Mulitpage Application and Postback

SDF

Hello,

Page1.aspx: I have an html button that fires a javascript to open Page2.aspx
in a seperate target. The user does what they need to do in Page2.aspx and
I have a button that through javascript fires a script on Page1.aspx via
opener.script Name. That script eventually does a postback - and Page2.aspx
automatically gets closed - why?

Also, if I open Page2.aspx and leave it open and press a button on
Page1.aspx that requires a postback, Page2.aspx is closed automatically.

This is the first time I have encountered this issue and am stumped.

Thanks,

Scott