multi-line text field in dataset passed to web services

tms

Hi everyone

I'm having a problem with passing a dataset with a text field in one of the tables contaning multiple lines separated by \r\n to the ASP.NET web services and back. The \r\n charachters get replaced with the single space. This does not happen for the regular string parameters, only for the fields in the dataset. After a few days of research I found that it happens on extraction of the dataset from the SOAP envelop. XmlReader in the call to ReadXmlSerializable of my strongly typed dataset comes with the \r\n charachters stripped off, but raw SOAL message has them intact. Any idea of how I can make it work? I don't want to encode this string before updating it in dataset since it will require special handling of binding in asp.net web form, and I won't be able to use data adapter to update database without some weird logic in the stored procedure..

Thank you in advance for your help
Alex.