    up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables. You can see the
    difference in Firefox and IE. It works fine in Firefox.

    Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009

  2. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    Sorry, I forgot to put the URL. It's http://www.gelbcenter.com
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009

  3. Clayburn

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 20, 12:59 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    >> I have a form with a text field.  I added it to a website already
    >> designed by a previous company.  Eventually I'll redesign the entire
    >> site, but for now I need to get this to work.  However, in IE, there
    >> is a line before the text field and as a result, the tables get messed
    >> up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables.  You can see the
    >> difference in Firefox and IE.  It works fine in Firefox.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?

    >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL. It's http://www.gelbcenter.com

    Why are you insisting on using tables for this?
    Two simple divisions would be better.
    Then I would suggest a navigation bar across the top instead of that
    outdated, ignorant enter button.
    richard, Mar 20, 2009
  4. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    On Mar 20, 1:26 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Mar 20, 12:59 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    > >> I have a form with a text field.  I added it to a website already
    > >> designed by a previous company.  Eventually I'll redesign the entire
    > >> site, but for now I need to get this to work.  However, in IE, there
    > >> is a line before the text field and as a result, the tables get messed
    > >> up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables.  You can see the
    > >> difference in Firefox and IE.  It works fine in Firefox.

    > >> Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?

    > >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL.  It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    > Why are you insisting on using tables for this?
    > Two simple divisions would be better.
    > Then I would suggest a navigation bar across the top instead of that
    > outdated, ignorant enter button.

    I didn't design it. It was designed before I got here. I need to
    tweak it some to add a few features and keyword optimization and
    whatnot. The form on the front page is one feature I need to add.
    But it disrupts the current design in IE. I'm going to be redesigning
    it, but in the meantime I need to make some changes to the current
    site, so I have to work with what's there. I don't want to redo it
    entirely just to add the form since I'll be trashing the current
    design once the new one is up and running anyway.

    I just need a fix to keep it from screwing up in IE. It works fine in
    Firefox.
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009
  5. Clayburn

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:29:43 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 20, 1:26 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    >>
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL.  It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    >> Why are you insisting on using tables for this?
    >> Two simple divisions would be better.
    >> Then I would suggest a navigation bar across the top instead of that
    >> outdated, ignorant enter button.

    >I didn't design it. It was designed before I got here. I need to
    >tweak it some to add a few features and keyword optimization and
    >whatnot. The form on the front page is one feature I need to add.
    >But it disrupts the current design in IE. I'm going to be redesigning
    >it, but in the meantime I need to make some changes to the current
    >site, so I have to work with what's there. I don't want to redo it
    >entirely just to add the form since I'll be trashing the current
    >design once the new one is up and running anyway.
    >
    >I just need a fix to keep it from screwing up in IE. It works fine in
    >Firefox.

    Sure it looks fine until you increase the text size.
    Use divisions and set the CSS in em's.
    Then the division will change height with the text size increase.
    richard, Mar 20, 2009
  6. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    On Mar 20, 1:50 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:29:43 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Mar 20, 1:26 pm, richard <> wrote:

    > >> Why are you insisting on using tables for this?
    > >> Two simple divisions would be better.
    > >> Then I would suggest a navigation bar across the top instead of that
    > >> outdated, ignorant enter button.

    > >I didn't design it.  It was designed before I got here.  I need to
    > >tweak it some to add a few features and keyword optimization and
    > >whatnot.  The form on the front page is one feature I need to add.
    > >But it disrupts the current design in IE.  I'm going to be redesigning
    > >it, but in the meantime I need to make some changes to the current
    > >site, so I have to work with what's there.  I don't want to redo it
    > >entirely just to add the form since I'll be trashing the current
    > >design once the new one is up and running anyway.

    > >I just need a fix to keep it from screwing up in IE.  It works fine in
    > >Firefox.

    > Sure it looks fine until you increase the text size.
    > Use divisions and set the CSS in em's.
    > Then the division will change height with the text size increase.

    What should I do about IE? How can I get rid of the extra space?
    They sliced an image for the table background, so it's important that
    they line up correctly.
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009
  7. Clayburn

    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 20, 12:59 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    >> I have a form with a text field.  I added it to a website already
    >> designed by a previous company.  Eventually I'll redesign the entire
    >> site, but for now I need to get this to work.  However, in IE, there
    >> is a line before the text field and as a result, the tables get messed
    >> up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables.  You can see the
    >> difference in Firefox and IE.  It works fine in Firefox.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?

    >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL. It's http://www.gelbcenter.com

    I just realized that the line might be coming from the fact the "form"
    is not inside the area it's supposed to be in. If you could move that
    up a line or two, that should help.
    richard, Mar 20, 2009
  8. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    On Mar 20, 2:42 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Mar 20, 12:59 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    > >> I have a form with a text field.  I added it to a website already
    > >> designed by a previous company.  Eventually I'll redesign the entire
    > >> site, but for now I need to get this to work.  However, in IE, there
    > >> is a line before the text field and as a result, the tables get messed
    > >> up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables.  You can see the
    > >> difference in Firefox and IE.  It works fine in Firefox.

    > >> Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?

    > >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL.  It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    > I just realized that the line might be coming from the fact the "form"
    > is not inside the area it's supposed to be in. If you could move that
    > up a line or two, that should help.

    The problem is the <form method="post" action="../php/formmail2.php">
    If I remove it, it's fine. But I need that for the form to work. So
    where should I put it?
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009
  9. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    On Mar 20, 2:42 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Mar 20, 12:59 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    > >> I have a form with a text field.  I added it to a website already
    > >> designed by a previous company.  Eventually I'll redesign the entire
    > >> site, but for now I need to get this to work.  However, in IE, there
    > >> is a line before the text field and as a result, the tables get messed
    > >> up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables.  You can see the
    > >> difference in Firefox and IE.  It works fine in Firefox.

    > >> Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?

    > >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL.  It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    > I just realized that the line might be coming from the fact the "form"
    > is not inside the area it's supposed to be in. If you could move that
    > up a line or two, that should help.

    Okay, I think I got it. The problem is for some reason the </form>
    creates an extra line. So I put the <form> begin tag and hidden
    inputs right after the body tag, and the closing form tag right before
    the closing body tag. So, basically the form is the entire page, so
    the extra line(s) created by it are above and blow the content.

    How's it look?
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009
  10. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    On Mar 20, 2:56 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 2:42 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn

    > > <> wrote:

    > > >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL.  It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    > > I just realized that the line might be coming from the fact the "form"
    > > is not inside the area it's supposed to be in. If you could move that
    > > up a line or two, that should help.

    > Okay, I think I got it.  The problem is for some reason the </form>
    > creates an extra line.  So I put the <form> begin tag and hidden
    > inputs right after the body tag, and the closing form tag right before
    > the closing body tag.  So, basically the form is the entire page, so
    > the extra line(s) created by it are above and blow the content.
    >
    > How's it look?

    Well, great. Now the form isn't working.
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009
  11. Clayburn

    Clayburn Guest

    On Mar 20, 2:56 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 2:42 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn

    > > <> wrote:

    > > >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL.  It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    > > I just realized that the line might be coming from the fact the "form"
    > > is not inside the area it's supposed to be in. If you could move that
    > > up a line or two, that should help.

    > Okay, I think I got it.  The problem is for some reason the </form>
    > creates an extra line.  So I put the <form> begin tag and hidden
    > inputs right after the body tag, and the closing form tag right before
    > the closing body tag.  So, basically the form is the entire page, so
    > the extra line(s) created by it are above and blow the content.
    >
    > How's it look?

    Okay, I think it's done. The form was working, there was just a delay
    for some reason in the email for a while. I think the server was
    having problems. But yeah, it seems to be working now and looks right
    in IE and Firefox.
    Clayburn, Mar 20, 2009
  12. Clayburn

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > Use divisions and set the CSS in em's.

    Are you practicing, for a part in a play maybe, some sort of listening
    problem?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 20, 2009
  13. Clayburn

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Clayburn <> wrote:

    > Okay, I think it's done.

    You might be thinking that rewriting this site - as you said is your
    intention - will take a while. Do not delay because of the difficulty of
    making it look like this in every detail. You can make it look very
    roughly similar quickly enough and add things later for the finer zing
    that gives it that modern arty feel.

    I assume you are aware of the screams it causes browsers that associate
    with validators. Do you know that browsers like FF and iCab are mates
    with their validators? They go to the pub together and take the piss out
    of various sites that have come their way and their language gets pretty
    rough the more they drink.

    Only the other day I heard iCab saying to FF:

    "Oh yeah? Well, mate, check this arty number that came my way, it was ok
    for a while and I liked the nice sheila on it but f*#!* hell, maaaaate,

    http://www.gelbcenter.com/pages/home.htm

    HTML Error (11, 0): The tag <meta> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (12, 0): The tag <meta> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (13, 0): The tag <script> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (14, 0): The tag <script> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (28, 0): The tag <link> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (30, 7): The tag <head> is missing.

    HTML Error (34, 0): The tag <body> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (40, 34): The attribute "alt" is missing.

    HTML Error (90, 3): The tag <TABLE> is unknown.

    HTML Error (92, 2): The tag <tr> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (104, 0): The tag <center> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (121, 10): The end tag </br> is missing.

    HTML Error (123, 16): The end tag </TABLE> is unknown.

    HTML Error (149, 17): The attribute "quality" is unknown.

    HTML Error (149, 17): The attribute "wmode" is unknown.

    HTML Error (149, 16): The tag <embed> is not allowed in the Doctype of
    the document.

    HTML Error (183, 54): The attribute "alt" is missing.

    HTML Error (440, 29): The attribute "alt" is missing.

    HTML Error (462, 24): The tag <div> is missing.

    HTML Error (463, 42): The tag <td> is missing.

    HTML Error (465, 19): The tag <tr> is missing.

    HTML Error (467, 20): The tag <table> is missing.

    HTML Error (467, 25): The tag <td> is missing.

    HTML Error (469, 15): The tag <tr> is missing.

    HTML Error (471, 10): The tag <tr> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (473, 55): The attribute "alt" is missing.

    HTML Error (477, 4): The tag <tr> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (483, 16): The tag <table> is missing.

    HTML Error (483, 21): The tag <td> is missing.

    HTML Error (485, 11): The tag <tr> is missing.

    HTML Error (487, 6): The tag <tr> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (489, 85): The attribute "alt" is missing.

    HTML Error (493, 12): The tag <table> is missing.

    HTML Error (493, 17): The tag <td> is missing.

    HTML Error (495, 7): The tag <tr> is missing.

    HTML Error (497, 2): The tag <tr> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (503, 8): The end tag </body> is missing.

    HTML Error (503, 8): The end tag </meta> is missing.

    HTML Error (503, 8): The end tag </meta> is missing.

    HTML Error (503, 8): The end tag </meta> is missing.

    HTML Error (503, 8): The end tag </head> is missing.

    HTML Error (503, 8): The end tag </html> is missing.

    HTML Error (523, 5): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (525, 5): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (527, 5): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (529, 5): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (531, 14): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (533, 14): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (535, 14): The tag <a> is not allowed in its parent tag.

    HTML Error (535, 53): The end tag </br> is missing.

    http://www.google.com/coop/cse/brand?form=cse-search-box&lang=en

    HTML Error (1, 0): The tag <title> is missing.

    http://adtrack.voicestar.com/euinc/number-changer.js

    HTML Error (2, 0): The tag <title> is missing.

    HTML Error (112, 26): The tag <SCR'> is unknown.

    HTML Error (112, 26): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (112, 26): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (112, 26): The attribute "'IPT" is unknown.

    HTML Error (112, 26): The value of the HTML attribute "'IPT" is missing.

    HTML Error (112, 58): The end tag </SCR'> is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The tag <nr;> is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "i++){" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "i++){" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "if(" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "if(" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "pd.repl" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "num" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "num" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "||" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "||" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "!" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "!" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "pd.repl" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "pd.repl" is
    missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "){" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "){" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "if(" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "if(" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "pd.dont" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "pd.dont" is
    missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute ")" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute ")" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "break;" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "break;" is
    missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "rw" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "if(" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "if(" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "rw" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "rw" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "){" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "){" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "na" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "nb" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "nc" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "rw" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "m[1]" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "m[1]" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "m[2]" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "m[2]" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "na" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "na" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "m[4]" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "m[4]" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "nb" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "nb" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "m[6]" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "m[6]" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "nc" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "nc" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "m[8];" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "m[8];" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "this.debug("rewriting:" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute
    "this.debug("rewriting:" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute """ is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute """ is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "numfull" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "numfull" is
    missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute "+" is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute "+" is missing.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The attribute """ is unknown.

    HTML Error (133, 16): The value of the HTML attribute """ is missing.

    http://www.gelbcenter.com/gelb.css

    CSS Error (163, 15): The property "filter" is unknown.

    CSS Error (199, 1): The property "filter" is unknown.

    CSS Warning (199, 26): The property "-moz-opacity" is unknown.

    CSS Error (199, 43): The property "opacity" is unknown.

    ...."

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 20, 2009
  14. Clayburn

    rf Guest

    Clayburn wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 1:50 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:29:43 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn

    > What should I do about IE? How can I get rid of the extra space?
    > They sliced an image for the table background, so it's important that
    > they line up correctly.

    I thought I explained that this is never going to happen.

    You have just proved how terribly fragile this design is.
    rf, Mar 20, 2009
  15. Clayburn

    rf Guest

    Clayburn wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 2:42 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:08:44 -0700 (PDT), Clayburn
    >>
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Sorry, I forgot to put the URL. It'shttp://www.gelbcenter.com

    >> I just realized that the line might be coming from the fact the
    >> "form" is not inside the area it's supposed to be in. If you could
    >> move that up a line or two, that should help.

    > Okay, I think I got it. The problem is for some reason the </form>
    > creates an extra line.

    No, the problem is not "for some reason the </form> creates an extra line".
    The problem is that the form element has, by default and per the
    specifications, top and bottom margins, which may or may not collapse
    depending what is before or after the form. Many elements (hn, p, etc) have
    top and bottom margins.

    You could have removed these margins:
    form {margin: 0}
    rf, Mar 20, 2009
  16. Clayburn

    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 20, 12:59 pm, Clayburn <> wrote:
    >> I have a form with a text field.  I added it to a website already
    >> designed by a previous company.  Eventually I'll redesign the entire
    >> site, but for now I need to get this to work.  However, in IE, there
    >> is a line before the text field and as a result, the tables get messed
    >> up, creating a bunch of extra space between tables.  You can see the
    >> difference in Firefox and IE.  It works fine in Firefox.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how best to fix this in IE?

    >Sorry, I forgot to put the URL. It's http://www.gelbcenter.com

    At least with IE now that line is gone.

    still, all that table stuff has to go.
    richard, Mar 21, 2009
  17. Clayburn

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:00:37 +1100, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In article
    ><>,
    > Clayburn <> wrote:
    >
    >> Okay, I think it's done.

    >You might be thinking that rewriting this site - as you said is your
    >intention - will take a while. Do not delay because of the difficulty of
    >making it look like this in every detail. You can make it look very
    >roughly similar quickly enough and add things later for the finer zing
    >that gives it that modern arty feel.
    >
    >I assume you are aware of the screams it causes browsers that associate
    >with validators. Do you know that browsers like FF and iCab are mates
    >with their validators? They go to the pub together and take the piss out
    >of various sites that have come their way and their language gets pretty
    >rough the more they drink.
    >
    >Only the other day I heard iCab saying to FF:
    >
    >"Oh yeah? Well, mate, check this arty number that came my way, it was ok
    >for a while and I liked the nice sheila on it but f*#!* hell, maaaaate,
    >
    >http://www.gelbcenter.com/pages/home.htm
    >
    >HTML Error (11, 0): The tag <meta> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    >
    >HTML Error (12, 0): The tag <meta> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    >
    >HTML Error (13, 0): The tag <script> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    >
    >HTML Error (14, 0): The tag <script> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    >
    >HTML Error (28, 0): The tag <link> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    >
    >HTML Error (30, 7): The tag <head> is missing.
    >
    >HTML Error (34, 0): The tag <body> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    >
    >HTML Error (40, 34): The attribute "alt" is missing.
    >
    >HTML Error (90, 3): The tag <TABLE> is unknown.

    bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

    I wouldn't rely on that piece of shit for validating.
    richard, Mar 21, 2009
  18. Clayburn

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > >HTML Error (34, 0): The tag <body> is not allowed in its parent tag.
    > >
    > >HTML Error (40, 34): The attribute "alt" is missing.
    > >
    > >HTML Error (90, 3): The tag <TABLE> is unknown.

    > I wouldn't rely on that piece of shit for validating.

    Driver, understand that the errors need interpreting, all good
    validators flag things for good reasons, but you can't be drunk when
    using them. Step out of that truck and don't continue until your blood
    alcohol reading subsides.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 21, 2009
  19. richard wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >> HTML Error (90, 3): The tag <TABLE> is unknown.

    > bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

    No, <table> is known, but <TABLE> is not.

    element "TABLE" undefined.
    <TABLE cellspacing=0 border=0>
    This error is often caused by:
    · by using upper-case tags in XHTML (in XHTML attributes and elements
    must be all lower-case).

    > I wouldn't rely on that piece of shit for validating.

    It is an extremely good piece of shit. Unlike you, it knows that one
    must use lower-case words in XHTML elements.

    bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

    The page in question is a trainwreck.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 21, 2009
  20. Clayburn

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 20 Mar 2009, "rf" <> wrote:

    > Clayburn wrote:

    >> Okay, I think I got it. The problem is for some reason the </form>
    >> creates an extra line.

    > No, the problem is not "for some reason the </form> creates an extra
    > line". The problem is that the form element has, by default and per
    > the specifications, top and bottom margins, which may or may not
    > collapse depending what is before or after the form. Many elements
    > (hn, p, etc) have top and bottom margins.
    >
    > You could have removed these margins:
    > form {margin: 0}

    I'd have thought that would've been the first thing anybody suggested
    to the OP.

    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.
    Neredbojias, Mar 21, 2009