Flash problem in IE.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Shelly, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    Problem #1:
    =========
    I have two files, index.htm and map.htm. I have to fix the files on this
    site so that they pass validation. I replaced the Flash code with the Satay
    Method in both files. Here are the two excerps:

    index.htm:
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    data="index.swf"
    border="0" width="1024" height="674">
    <param name="movie" value="index.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="High">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    </object>

    map.htm:
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    data="map.swf"
    border="0" width="1024" height="674">
    <param name="movie" value="map.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="High">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    </object>

    Notice that the only differences are in the names of the swf file. The
    index.htm works fine in IE and Firefox. The map.htm works fine in Firefox,
    but in IE it takes a very long time to load and when it does the image is
    blank (white space).

    Problem #2:
    =========
    These two files had no doctype. When index.htm is run, an image of a
    talking woman comes in from the left and there is a map on the right. Below
    her is a bunch of text. When I put on a doctype -- any doctype -- she
    appears below the text in both Firefox and IE. This is very strange because
    clearly shows that the images should not be on the bottom. The text appears
    in the second <tr> while the flash is in the first. I'm baffled here as
    well.

    Any and all help will be appreciated. In the interim, I will port this to
    my own server to give urls later.

    Shelly
    Shelly, Nov 9, 2007