  1. Does anyone knows how to write windows applications which can easyly
    compiled for linux and windows operating systems?

    Aristotelis

    Pitaridis Aristotelis, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Pitaridis Aristotelis

    Guest

    > Does anyone knows how to write windows applications which can easyly
    > compiled for linux and windows operating systems?

    Use only standard c++.

    , Aug 1, 2006

  3. Pitaridis Aristotelis

    Guest

    Pitaridis Aristotelis wrote:
    > Does anyone knows how to write windows applications which can easyly
    > compiled for linux and windows operating systems?

    For GUI applications, see http://www.wxwidgets.org/

    , Aug 1, 2006
  4. Pitaridis Aristotelis wrote:
    > Does anyone knows how to write windows applications which can easyly
    > compiled for linux and windows operating systems?
    >
    > Aristotelis

    Using standard c++ does not matter where. but what you can do is
    narrow.

    =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=, Aug 1, 2006
  5. Pitaridis Aristotelis

    BigBrian Guest

    Pitaridis Aristotelis wrote:
    > Does anyone knows how to write windows applications which can easyly
    > compiled for linux and windows operating systems?

    Yes, I'm sure somebody knows how to do this, since there are many cross
    platform c++ projects around.

    If you're really asking how to implement a cross platform c++ project,
    you need to stick to standard c++ and/or only use libraries which are
    also cross platform.

    BigBrian, Aug 1, 2006
  6. Giorgos Katsikatsos, Aug 1, 2006
  7. Pitaridis Aristotelis

    Fred Zwarts Guest

    "Pitaridis Aristotelis" <> wrote in message news:1154415079.975414@athnrd02...
    > Does anyone knows how to write windows applications which can easyly
    > compiled for linux and windows operating systems?

    For things that can be accomplished with standard C++, use standard C++.
    If standard C++ has no provisions for certain functionality
    (threading, hardware access, operating system access, etc.)
    isolate such functionality in separate compilation units and related header files.

    Fred.Zwarts.

    Fred Zwarts, Aug 2, 2006