Multiple Dialogs

bwilde

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting multiple dialogs to work right. In my
application, I need to let the user enter a fair amount of information,
so the main application launches one dialog (which I call the first
dialog), which has several buttons that launch additional dialogs
(which I call the second dialog).

The first dialog works just fine. The problem is that when the second
dialog is launched, I can't click on any of the widgets in the second
dialog and the dialog doesn't close when I try to close it. The first
dialog still works just fine, though. When I close the first dialog, I
am able to do everything in the second dialog that I wasn't able to do
with both of them open. Is is possible to have both dialogs open and
to be able to use widgets in both?

Thanks,
Ben

Steve W. Jackson

[...]

If a dialog is modal, it blocks access to all other top-level windows in
the application, including other dialogs. So if your first dialog is
modal, the second one will not be accessible unless it's also modal.
But that prohibits access to both at the same time. To allow that,
you'll have to make both of them non-modal. Depending on your design,
that could pose its own problems as it would then allow access to other
GUI items like menus and such.