    ELEMENT ?

    Thanks for your answers

    Armel

    Armel HERVE, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Armel HERVE

    Bob Foster Guest

    "Armel HERVE" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need to construct an XML file using multiple DTDs.
    > How can I use namespace to avoid conflict name if the 2 DTD define same
    > ELEMENT ?

    You can't. DTDs don't know anything about namespaces. The "poor man's
    namespace" trick involves modifying (at least one of) the DTDs so all
    element names from a given DTD can be given namespace-looking prefixes, but
    it requires quite a lot of DTD editing.

    Bob

    Bob Foster, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Armel HERVE

    Armel HERVE Guest

    In article <mG1kb.803783$Ho3.217871@sccrnsc03>,
    says...
    > "Armel HERVE" <> wrote in message
    > > I need to construct an XML file using multiple DTDs.
    > > How can I use namespace to avoid conflict name if the 2 DTD define same
    > > ELEMENT ?

    > You can't. DTDs don't know anything about namespaces. The "poor man's
    > namespace" trick involves modifying (at least one of) the DTDs so all
    > element names from a given DTD can be given namespace-looking prefixes, but
    > it requires quite a lot of DTD editing.
    >
    > Bob

    Thanks for your answer.
    So can I do what I want ? Have I to put all DTD into one file and rename
    some ELEMENTS ?
    What is the best practice ?

    Thanks

    Armel