Multiple DTD

Armel HERVE

Hello every body,

I need to construct an XML file using multiple DTDs.
How can I use namespace to avoid conflict name if the 2 DTD define same
ELEMENT ?

Thanks for your answers

Armel

Bob Foster

Armel HERVE said:
I need to construct an XML file using multiple DTDs.
How can I use namespace to avoid conflict name if the 2 DTD define same
ELEMENT ?

You can't. DTDs don't know anything about namespaces. The "poor man's
namespace" trick involves modifying (at least one of) the DTDs so all
element names from a given DTD can be given namespace-looking prefixes, but
it requires quite a lot of DTD editing.

Bob

Armel HERVE

You can't. DTDs don't know anything about namespaces. The "poor man's
namespace" trick involves modifying (at least one of) the DTDs so all
element names from a given DTD can be given namespace-looking prefixes, but
it requires quite a lot of DTD editing.

Bob
Thanks for your answer.
So can I do what I want ? Have I to put all DTD into one file and rename
some ELEMENTS ?
What is the best practice ?

Thanks

Armel