MVC and Webservices

Matthias S.

hello,

i'm planning a webapplication and i consider using the
hopefully-soon-to-be-rc mvc framework for it. the application will
handle standard browser requests but should provide a webservice as
well. on to my question: if i create a controller for my webservice
requests to handle for example "~/api/mywebmethod?params..." requests,
pull some data from my database, wrap it up into a soap message using a
custom view and send it back to the client, do i break any rules /
standards?

or should i go and do two projects, one for the webservice (classic
style) and one for the webapplication (mvc style)?

has anyone got experiences with that? any help is greatly appreciated.

matthias