my first wsdl

dkunzman

Hi,

I have been trying to get my first wsdl to be valid but keep on
getting "Schema error - undefined value for 'type' encountered from
XML SPY v5 r U.

this is my wsdl file..
<definitions xmlns:tns="http://hello.jaxrpc.samples/"
targetNamespace="http://hello.jaxrpc.samples/" name="HelloWorld">
<types>
<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://hello.jaxrpc.samples">
<xsd:element name="FileType">
<xsd:complexType >
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="ZZZ" type="string"/>
<xsd:element name="YYY" type="string"/>
<xsd:element name="XXX" type="string"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>
</types>
<message name="helloWorldRequest">
<part name="Request" element="xsd:FileType"/>
</message>
<message name="helloWorldResponse">
<part name="helloWorldResult" element="xsd:FileType"/>
</message>
<portType name="tutorialPort">
<operation name="helloWorld">
<input message="tns:helloWorldRequest"/>
<output message="tns:helloWorldResponse"/>
</operation>
</portType>
<binding name="HelloBinding" type="tns:Hello">
<soap:binding style="rpc"
<operation name="Request">
<input>
<soap:body namespace="http://hello.jaxrpc.samples/"/>
</input>
<output>
<soap:body namespace="http://hello.jaxrpc.samples/"/>
</output>
<soap:eek:peration/>
</operation>
</binding>
<service name="HelloWorld">
<port name="HelloPort" binding="tns:HelloBinding">
<soap:address location="http://localhost:8080/axis/Hello"/>
</port>
</service>
</definitions>

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

doug

Patrick TJ McPhee

% I have been trying to get my first wsdl to be valid but keep on
% getting "Schema error - undefined value for 'type' encountered from
% XML SPY v5 r U.

[...]
% <xsd:element name="ZZZ" type="string"/>

Make this

type="xsd:string"