my ip changed and now asp.net is broken!!

Keith

The ip address of my wkstation was changed and now suddenly the
asp.net app won't run. When I hit the run button, a browser launches
and then lands at a 404.

IIS is installed on the machine, the service is running, nothing else
has changed. It was working fine!!!!

Anyone?

Keith

In project properties, in the Web Section, try putting in the actual newIP
address of your machine and see if it works.
Peter

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

Thanks for all the suggestions. I figured out the problem - it turns
out that it was my proxy settings. In IE I went to tools/internet
options/connections/lan settings and checked "bypass proxy for local
addresses". Now why in the friggin heck MS would try to use the proxy
for a localhost/127.0.0.1 is beyond me and is ridiculous. But
whatever...
Also - I did not have an option on my top menu bar called "project",
so I never found the place you all were talking about where I could
change my webserver. Maybe if I could have that would have made the
difference as well. I am using VS2005, .NET framework version
2.0.50727. At any rate thanks for the help.
Cheers.

Chris Mahoney

Also - I did not have an option on my top menu bar called "project",
so I never found the place you all were talking about where I could
change my webserver. Maybe if I could have that would have made the
difference as well. I am using VS2005, .NET framework version
2.0.50727. At any rate thanks for the help.
Cheers.

Choose View > Solution Explorer to add a list of projects (it's
probably already visible, it's usually on the right-hand side of the
screen). Next, right-click on the project you want to set the
properties for (there may only be one project, in which case it should
be listed in bold) and select Property Pages :)

Hope this helps
Chris