my vim and cream can't work!

Pen Ttt

i have installed vim and cream,Make install ruby myself.
now ,in my console:
pt@pt-laptop:~$ vim
vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot
pt@pt-laptop:~$ vi
vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot open

sudo find /usr/share -name 'cream'
/usr/share/vim/cream
/usr/share/doc/cream
/usr/share/cream
/usr/share/menu/cream

Aldric Giacomoni

Pen said:
i have installed vim and cream,Make install ruby myself.
now ,in my console:
pt@pt-laptop:~$ vim
vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot
pt@pt-laptop:~$ vi
vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot open

sudo find /usr/share -name 'cream'
/usr/share/vim/cream
/usr/share/doc/cream
/usr/share/cream
/usr/share/menu/cream

Which distribution are you using? My guess is Ubuntu, but I am not sure.
Which ruby package did you install?

Pen Ttt

ubuntu9.1,
pt@pt-laptop:~$ ruby -v
ruby 1.9.1p378 (2010-01-10 revision 26273) [i686-linux]

Pen Ttt

in order to run (as root) ldconfig to update the library cache,how to
input command in my console?

Walton Hoops

pt@pt-laptop:~$ vim
vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot
pt@pt-laptop:~$ vi
vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot open
ubuntu9.1,
pt@pt-laptop:~$ ruby -v
ruby 1.9.1p378 (2010-01-10 revision 26273) [i686-linux]
Notice, you have ruby 1.9.1 installed, and it's looking for libruby1.8.
Assuming you are running a Debian derivative, just do:
'sudo apt-get install libruby1.8'