my web site is not refreshing

Mr. x

Hello,
For a reason I don't know,
after changing my Web Site,
I didn't see any changes on my computer,
but when I ask someone else to enter my site,
he/she see the changes.

What may be the reason, I don't see the changes on my computer (even I do
reboot to my computer) ?

Thanks :)

PeterMcC

Mr. x said:
Hello,
For a reason I don't know,
after changing my Web Site,
I didn't see any changes on my computer,
but when I ask someone else to enter my site,
he/she see the changes.

What may be the reason, I don't see the changes on my computer (even
I do reboot to my computer) ?

Thanks :)

You need to clear the cache - to remove the old files that your browser is
currently showing - and you may want to clear the history files so that
your links go back to unvisited for testing the link/visited appearance.

In ie that's
Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the cache
and
Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history. That's a
single-shot solution - you'll need to do that each time you change the page
and want to see it in its new form.

So that you don't have to keep clearing the cache, you could set your
browser to ignore the files in the cache:
Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Settings>Check for newer
versions of stored pages>Every visit to the page

You could leave it all as it is and use Ctrl F5 to refresh the page - that
tells the browser to ignore the cache and get the latest version of the file
though the visited links will still show as visited.

Mr. x

Hello,

I have IE 6.0,
and on tools-> internet option-> temporary Internet files, I have the
buttons :delete files, delete cookiees, settings...
do you mean pressing the button : "delete files", and that's all ?

Thanks :)

PeterMcC

Mr. x said:
I have IE 6.0,
and on tools-> internet option-> temporary Internet files, I have the
buttons :delete files, delete cookiees, settings...
do you mean pressing the button : "delete files", and that's all ?

Yup - that's all (folks!)

Brett

You can also hold down th ctrl button and click the refresh image...in
internet explorer at least.