    What may be the reason, I don't see the changes on my computer (even I do
    reboot to my computer) ?

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    PeterMcC Guest

    Mr. x wrote:
    > Hello,
    > For a reason I don't know,
    > after changing my Web Site,
    > I didn't see any changes on my computer,
    > but when I ask someone else to enter my site,
    > he/she see the changes.
    >
    > What may be the reason, I don't see the changes on my computer (even
    > I do reboot to my computer) ?
    >
    > Thanks :)

    You need to clear the cache - to remove the old files that your browser is
    currently showing - and you may want to clear the history files so that
    your links go back to unvisited for testing the link/visited appearance.

    In ie that's
    Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the cache
    and
    Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history. That's a
    single-shot solution - you'll need to do that each time you change the page
    and want to see it in its new form.

    So that you don't have to keep clearing the cache, you could set your
    browser to ignore the files in the cache:
    Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Settings>Check for newer
    versions of stored pages>Every visit to the page

    You could leave it all as it is and use Ctrl F5 to refresh the page - that
    tells the browser to ignore the cache and get the latest version of the file
    though the visited links will still show as visited.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,

    I have IE 6.0,
    and on tools-> internet option-> temporary Internet files, I have the
    buttons :delete files, delete cookiees, settings...
    do you mean pressing the button : "delete files", and that's all ?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Mr. x

    PeterMcC Guest

    Mr. x wrote:

    > "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    >> Mr. x wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>> For a reason I don't know,
    >>> after changing my Web Site,
    >>> I didn't see any changes on my computer,
    >>> but when I ask someone else to enter my site,
    >>> he/she see the changes.
    >>>
    >>> What may be the reason, I don't see the changes on my computer (even
    >>> I do reboot to my computer) ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks :)

    >> You need to clear the cache - to remove the old files that your
    >> browser is currently showing - and you may want to clear the
    >> history files so that your links go back to unvisited for testing
    >> the link/visited appearance.
    >>
    >> In ie that's
    >> Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the
    >> cache and
    >> Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history.
    >> That's a single-shot solution - you'll need to do that each time you
    >> change the page and want to see it in its new form.
    >>
    >> So that you don't have to keep clearing the cache, you could set your
    >> browser to ignore the files in the cache:
    >> Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Settings>Check for
    >> newer versions of stored pages>Every visit to the page
    >>
    >> You could leave it all as it is and use Ctrl F5 to refresh the page
    >> - that tells the browser to ignore the cache and get the latest
    >> version of the file though the visited links will still show as
    >> visited.

    > I have IE 6.0,
    > and on tools-> internet option-> temporary Internet files, I have the
    > buttons :delete files, delete cookiees, settings...
    > do you mean pressing the button : "delete files", and that's all ?

    Yup - that's all (folks!)

    PeterMcC, Nov 3, 2003
  5. Mr. x

    Brett Guest

    You can also hold down th ctrl button and click the refresh image...in
    internet explorer at least.

    --
    Brett
    Provision Tech