mysql gem reporting deadlock

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Andrew Arrow, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. Andrew Arrow

    Andrew Arrow Guest

    I posted this message on the mysql forum:

    http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?97,167771,167771

    and the ruby code in question uses the mysql-2.7 gem directly. Not
    using active record.

    When the deadlock occurs it takes about 2 mins and times out with an
    error.

    But if the run the same SQL in mysql console with two sessions, I get a
    deadlock error right away.

    Is there a way to make the ruby mysql gem return the deadlock error
    without the 2 min wait?

    Thanks.

    Andrew Arrow, Aug 17, 2007