N1336 Public Draft (TEXT)

fb

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the N1336 Public Draft of
the ANSI C language in text format. I've got it in .PDF but I prefer a
text format. I will also go back the the previous version, but not as
far back as N869.

Thanks,
fb

Flash Gordon

fb wrote, On 01/10/08 06:47:
I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the N1336 Public Draft of
the ANSI C language in text format. I've got it in .PDF but I prefer a
text format. I will also go back the the previous version, but not as
far back as N869.

There is no official source of it or other drafts after N869 in text
format. However, some PDF views (under Linux at least) can be made to
print to text or allow you to copy as text and some other software
(under Linux at least) can convert PDF to text so you may be able to
generate your own text version and then mark it up manually with the
things which are not handled well enough, for exampe indicating
/italics/. I suspect that the copyright would forbid you from
re-distributing such a version.

Tim Prince

Robbie said:
Richard Heathfield said:

I was going to say that Microsoft Word has a "recover text
from any file" feature. But when I tested it on a *.pdf file,
I got pages of gibberish like this:
Word 2007 is advertised as supporting this (but not advised unless you
have a multiple core CPU).

CBFalconer

fb said:
I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the N1336 Public
Draft of the ANSI C language in text format. I've got it in .PDF
but I prefer a text format. I will also go back the the previous
version, but not as far back as N869.

No such was made for anything since n869. The list below includes
a slightly edited (for quoting usefulness etc) version of n869.txt,
compressed with bzip2. It is freely available.

BTW, n1336 is not a current standard. It is a draft for a future
standard. n1256 is the current standard with all valid alterations
made to it.

Some useful references about C:
<http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)