  1. Guest

    I'm concerned over the future of Python. Should tuples be named?

    , May 14, 2008

  2. > Should tuples be named?

    Yes.

    Raymond Hettinger, May 14, 2008

    On May 14, 12:41 pm, Raymond Hettinger <> wrote:
    > > Should tuples be named?

    > Yes.

    Not clearly should. Sequences ought be. If you're on the right time
    for both, can't the library hold the B?

    , May 14, 2008

    On May 14, 1:04 pm, wrote:
    > On May 14, 12:41 pm, Raymond Hettinger <> wrote:
    >
    > > > Should tuples be named?

    > > Yes.

    > Not clearly should.  Sequences ought be.  If you're on the right time
    > for both, can't the library hold the B?

    On the web, you can. Both data types can go in the docs... sorry for
    the lunacy, I'm hacking.

    , May 14, 2008

    On 14 mai, 18:20, wrote:
    > I'm concerned over the future of Python. Should tuples be named?

    Obviously not, unless they should.

    , May 14, 2008

    On May 14, 5:01 pm, Ben Finney <>
    wrote:
    > "" <> writes:
    > > On 14 mai, 18:20, wrote:
    > > > I'm concerned over the future of Python.  Should tuples be named?

    > > Obviously not, unless they should.

    > Clearly they should, unless not.
    >
    > Ben Finney

    I have plenty of uses for them!

    , May 14, 2008

    On May 14, 5:28 pm, wrote:
    > On May 14, 5:01 pm, Ben Finney <>
    > wrote:

    > > > Obviously not, unless they should.

    > > Clearly they should, unless not.

    > > Ben Finney

    > I have plenty of uses for them!

    FOR INSTANCE!

    def zoop_zoop_zoop( self ): pass

    , May 15, 2008

    On May 14, 12:41 pm, Raymond Hettinger <> wrote:
    > > Should tuples be named?

    > Yes.

    Good; they're named sequences.

    , May 15, 2008

    On May 14, 6:21 pm, wrote:
    > On May 14, 12:41 pm, Raymond Hettinger <> wrote:
    >
    > > > Should tuples be named?

    > > Yes.

    > Good; they're named sequences.

    Can anyone make sling-shots of words? What's the splatter?

    , May 15, 2008
  10. Ben Finney a écrit :
    > "" <> writes:
    >
    >> On 14 mai, 18:20, wrote:
    >>> I'm concerned over the future of Python. Should tuples be named?

    >> Obviously not, unless they should.

    > Clearly they should, unless not.

    May we agree to disagree here - unless we don't ?

    Bruno Desthuilliers, May 15, 2008
  11. Ben Finney a écrit :
    > Bruno Desthuilliers <> writes:
    >
    >> May we agree to disagree here - unless we don't ?

    > Absolutely not, except where not applicable.

    and vice versa.

    Bruno Desthuilliers, May 15, 2008