Namespace Not Being Inherited

Discussion in 'XML' started by Al Hatch, Jul 1, 2006.

  1. Al Hatch

    Al Hatch Guest

    An element node is supposed to inherit the namespace of its parent. But one
    of mine is not inheriting.

    If I declare

    <xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:cm="urn:schemas-Professional-Plug-in:p2:ClipMetadata:v3.0">

    then I should be able to prefix any node reference with "cm:" For example,

    <xsl:value-of select="cm:p2Main/cm:ClipName" />

    And, indeed, that does work in every parser I've tested, except... the Xalan
    parser used by FileMaker is complaining

    "XML parsing error: Attribute Œxmlns:cm¹ is not declared for element
    ŒFMPXMLRESULT².

    But it is declared--in the very first line of the XSLT document!

    The complaining element lives in this template

    <xsl:template match="/cm:p2Main/cm:ClipContent">
    <FMPXMLRESULT xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpxmlresult">
    <ERRORCODE>0</ERRORCODE>
    <PRODUCT BUILD="07/1/2006" NAME="FileMaker Pro" VERSION="8.0v1" />

    <RESULTSET>
    <xsl:attribute name="FOUND">
    <xsl:value-of select="14" />
    </xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:call-template name="records" />
    </RESULTSET>

    </FMPXMLRESULT>

    I have tried to insert that xmlns:cm declaration everywhere in the document,
    but FileMaker still keeps complaining that it is an undeclared attribute.

    Any ideas?
    Al Hatch, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Al Hatch

    Al Hatch Guest

    I just had to add an "exclude-result-prefixes='cm'" to my declaration. It
    wasn't the parser that was complaining, it was FileMaker.

    Fenton Jones solved this one for me.
    Al Hatch, Jul 2, 2006