NEED HELP ASAP TO START A WEBSITE : )

Cindy.24

Hi everybody!

I REALLY NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE MORE EXPERIENCE IN THIS SUBJECT.

Here's my situation:

I know basic stuff about creating a website but I check all the
hosting site and domains etc. And I got seriously ripped off by a very
know company which i won't name.

I want to build a web site and i worked on the content and name since
months so i am ready!
I want a hosting company that offers a lot of templates and other
options and that will not be too expensive monthly since It is only my
1st site.

And more then anything:I NEED A HOSTING COMPANY WITH A BUILDING
PROGRAM EASY TO WORK WITH. (AND THAT OFFER FORUM, GALLERY ETC.)

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICES BASED ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR
EXPERIENCE IT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY GREAT. I want to start that site but
i can't because i don't want to make a bad move and pay almost $1,000
because i didn't understand all the terms in the deal.

P.S. I ALSO WANT A SITE GOOD AND OF QUALITY TO JOIN SOME AFFILIATE
PROGRAMS.
Thanks guys your help means the world to me!

Sincerely,
Cynthia

(e-mail address removed)

Neredbojias

[...]

What you want and what your experience will allow you to do are 2 vastly
different things. Keep your pants on, babe, and go learn a few things
before you jump into the fray.

Ben C

[...]

I think where you might be going wrong is trying to find a hosting
company that provides forums, galleries and a "building program" (is
that software used to author the website?).

All that sounds a bit suspicious to me. Usually a hosting company
provides a bit of space on a webserver, or, even better, a virtual host
on which you can install your own webserver and anything else you like.
If you want to do forums it might be better to have a virtual host type
of account since you might need to run more sophisticated things on the
server than just the basic webserver.

Then you produce all the web pages and all the server side stuff
yourself and just upload it to the host provided by the hosting company.
That way you have more control over it and you certainly wouldn't pay
$1000 a month to the hosting company.

The forum is the hard one, everything else sounds like just basic
webpages really.

Then you have three options: figure out how to do it yourself, get
volunteers to help you, or employ people to do it. Which option depends
on what kind of website and on your own inclination. Obviously
volunteers wouldn't be expected to help you with a purely commercial
venture.

Usually you get a bit of webspace from your normal ISP, which might be
enough to get started with. Once you've got some pages up there, even
without a forum, you can get some feedback and see how it's all working
it. By the time you need a forum you might have a better idea of how to
go about it.