    Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/

    Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

    , Jun 19, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
    > do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
    > hieght code, but only in firefox.
    >
    > Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
    >
    > Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

    Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 19, 2006

  3. jojo Guest

    schrieb:
    > I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
    > do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
    > hieght code, but only in firefox.
    >
    > Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
    >
    > Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

    First I have to inform you that there are many discussions about "table
    layout" in the moment, perhaps you should read one of them... The thing
    is: Using Tables in HTML to structure your page nowadays (with CSS
    ("Cascading Style Sheet" if you never heard the term) available) are
    considered to be outdated. And even if you use tables for your layout
    you should size them using CSS, then you should have no
    compatibility-problems. If you really had not heard anything about CSS
    than I suggest you to learn it...

    jojo, Jun 19, 2006
  4. jojo Guest

    jojo, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in
    >
    >> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
    >> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
    >> hieght code, but only in firefox.
    >>
    >> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
    >>
    >> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

    > Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

    And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
    containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
    the mail slot in my front door.

    What sort of software generated those pages?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 19, 2006
  6. jojo Guest

    Adrienne Boswell schrieb:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in
    >
    >> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
    >> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
    >> hieght code, but only in firefox.
    >>
    >> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
    >>
    >> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?
    >>

    > Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

    If you do not know how to validate: click this link to see the results
    of your Homepage...
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://aaalaw.org

    If you don't want to read all the errors: the error causing your problem
    is the missing end-tag "</table>".
    But, please, fix all errors, it is horrible to look at your code...

    jojo, Jun 19, 2006
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in
    >>
    >>> I'm having some trouble aligning tables in firefox. No matter what I
    >>> do, the table in the following page does not follow the width and
    >>> hieght code, but only in firefox.
    >>>
    >>> Here's the link: http://aaalaw.org/
    >>>
    >>> Everything is fine in EI-- any suggestions?

    >> Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

    > And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
    > containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
    > the mail slot in my front door.

    Yep looks ridiculous on my monitor if I maximize the browser and God
    help you if you enlarge the text!

    > What sort of software generated those pages?

    I'd say Adobe, like GoLive

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 20, 2006
  8. Chaddy2222 Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > >
    > >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > >> Validate it, fix the errors, and then come back.

    > > And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
    > > containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
    > > the mail slot in my front door.

    > Yep looks ridiculous on my monitor if I maximize the browser and God
    > help you if you enlarge the text!
    > >
    > > What sort of software generated those pages?

    > I'd say Adobe, like GoLive

    Yeah, it does not look that good, it's like the author tried to center
    everything in the middle of the page, but did a bad job of it.

    Chaddy2222, Jun 20, 2006

    Chaddy2222 wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > > > And, please, while doing that, get rid of that tiny peekaboo window
    > > > containing the content. It is like trying to read a newspaper through
    > > > the mail slot in my front door.

    > > Yep looks ridiculous on my monitor if I maximize the browser and God
    > > help you if you enlarge the text!
    > > >
    > > > What sort of software generated those pages?

    > > I'd say Adobe, like GoLive

    > Yeah, it does not look that good, it's like the author tried to center
    > everything in the middle of the page, but did a bad job of it.
    > --
    > Regards Chad. http://freewebdesign.cjb.cc

    Thanks all for your replies!

    I made this site about 8 or 9 years ago (when I was about 16) and the
    purpose of it's application is still good enough to keep up. I think I
    used Frontpage along with ImageReady, or some other Adobe software, to
    break apart the images I designed.

    I liked the idea of having the peep window and since there isn't much
    content (and probably never will be) it's most likely going to stay
    like that till things change in the partnership.

    It's obviouse that I'm not a professional web designer but, when asked,
    I'll try anything if it seems worth it.

    In any case, I'm going to follow the suggestions you all posted and let
    you know how it turns out. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my
    problem. I know a lot of you get frusterated when someone doesn't know
    what their doing tries to get in over their head.

    Cheers to you all and I'll keep you update,

    Allen

    , Jun 26, 2006