Need help. Having trouble with security on my web service.

Ken Varn

I am getting an access denied 403 error when I try to access my web service.
My IIS setting is set to use only Windows Authentication.

The client is calling the web service from a Windows Forms UserControl that
is embedded into a web page using the <object> tag. When I call up the form
in the browser, it brings up the Windows logon screen as expected. When I
complete the logon, the Windows Forms UserControl displays and everything
works fine. When I try to call my web service, I get an Access Denied
exception 403.

I read up on passing credentials to the web service proxy from the client
and am passing in DefaultCredentials for the Proxy Credentials attribute,
but I am still getting this error.

I also set my web.config file to use:

<authentication mode="Windows" />

and

<identity impersonate="true"/>

If I set my IIS authentication to use anonymous, then the web service call
works fine.

What else am I missing here? Why is the windows authentication mode in IIS
causing the web service to not work?

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com

Ken Varn

Never mind. I found the problem. The web service directory did not have
Application installed in IIS. I accidentally removed it when I changed the
base virtual directory. OOPS!

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk