NEED HELP ON ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE PROJECT.

justineee

Hello I need help with the ideas on how to do my accounting software
project..

The accounting software should be capable of handling all the steps in
the accounting
cycle. Specifically, the following modules should be included:
• Setting-up (creating and editing) the chart of accounts
• Recording ordinary, adjusting, and closing journal entries
• Automatic posting of journal entries to ledger accounts using the
threecolumn
running balance format
• Generating unadjusted, adjusted, after-closing trial balances
• Generating the following reports: income statement, statement of
retained
earnings, balance sheet

This is the specifications said.. It is due in 1month.. and I don't
have ideas on how to do this and I don't want to cram. Thanks.

justineee

Is this a school assignment or a commercial project?

Tackle this in the order it is given, first design and implement the
creation adn editing, then recording (data insertion I asssume), then
calculations/statistics and reporting.

One month seems very short for a full blown application, moreso for
something as complex as accounting. You may need to talk to the client
about deadlines.

School assignment..

RedGrittyBrick

justineee said:
Hello I need help with the ideas on how to do my accounting software
project..

The accounting software should be capable of handling all the steps in
the accounting
cycle. Specifically, the following modules should be included:
• Setting-up (creating and editing) the chart of accounts
• Recording ordinary, adjusting, and closing journal entries
• Automatic posting of journal entries to ledger accounts using the
threecolumn
running balance format
• Generating unadjusted, adjusted, after-closing trial balances
• Generating the following reports: income statement, statement of
retained
earnings, balance sheet

Accounting rules vary from country to country. I'd expect you'd need to
be at least superficially familiar with the rules in your locale. This
means that folk here who are in different locales may not be able to
help with domain knowledge (accounting is rather offtopic for this
newsgroup anyway)
This is the specifications said.. It is due in 1month.. and I don't
have ideas on how to do this and I don't want to cram. Thanks.

Presumably you haven't started. A month is not long enough to complete
this, even if you work on it full time. In your shoes I'd talk to my
tutor ASAP. I'd then prioritise the deliverables (your "steps" and their
parts). Then I'd decide on Swing vs JSF etc.

In that month, how many hours do you realistically have available to
devote to this?