Need help on how to use Pymedia!

CptPicard

Hi,
I am currently trying to use pymedia so to get the following informations
(author, song title, ...) from a mp3 file.
The documentation I downloaded is quite limited : It gives some clues on how
to get that information (method getInfo() from pymedia.audio.acodec).
However, it does not explain what has to be done prior to that call.
I downloaded pycar but it did not help me.

Could someone give me a more detailed documentation on pymedia or some clues
on how to get the information I need ?

Thanks for your help

Lawrence Oluyede

In data Thu, 05 Aug 2004 02:28:48 GMT, CptPicard ha scritto:
Could someone give me a more detailed documentation on pymedia or some clues
on how to get the information I need ?

AFAIK Pymedia cannot extract ID3 infos from MP3 (altough you can study by
yourself the ID3 format a inspect the raw info of the file), anyway the web
is full of ID3 tools for python such as:
http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/

bye!

3

3c273

CptPicard said:
Hi,
I am currently trying to use pymedia so to get the following informations
(author, song title, ...) from a mp3 file.
The documentation I downloaded is quite limited : It gives some clues on how
to get that information (method getInfo() from pymedia.audio.acodec).
However, it does not explain what has to be done prior to that call.
I downloaded pycar but it did not help me.

Could someone give me a more detailed documentation on pymedia or some clues
on how to get the information I need ?

Thanks for your help
Hi,
I have never used pymedia but section 6.7 of the "Dive Into Python" tutorial
describes a class for getting mp3 file information. It is quite simple and
if I recall correctly, it worked perfectly when I tried it. HTH.
Louis

CptPicard

Thank you for your help!