need help: SecurityException: signer information does not match..

Discussion in 'Java' started by Piper707@hotmail.com, Feb 15, 2006.

    Our application uses a set of java classes as part of a bigger VC
    framework. Currently the classes exist in an exploded directory
    structure. We have zipped this into a single jar and are trying to make
    it run.

    We get this error:

    java.lang.SecurityException: class "<pathname.myfile>"'s signer
    information does not match signer information of other classes in the
    same package

    1) What does this error mean?

    2) I'm not clear on how signing works - can someone plz point me to
    some URLs that explain this process? when it happens, why it happens?

    3) Any tips on how I can go about fixing this problem.

    I read some answers to a similar query in the past: someone suggested
    either moving the file or signing them ourselves. Can anyone elaborate
    on this? move files to where? How can I go about signing files myself?

    Thank you,
    Rohit.
    , Feb 15, 2006