Need help setting up ruby-xslt on Windows

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Wes Gamble, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Wes Gamble

    Wes Gamble Guest

    Has anyone successfully built and used the ruby-xslt library on Windows?

    I've downloaded the source, downloaded a libxslt binary, but am having a
    heck of a time trying to run make against the downloaded files.

    I'm hoping to hear if someone had actually had success with this
    building the library in Cygwin. I would then like to ask more questions
    if anyone has actually done this.

    Thanks,
    Wes

    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Wes Gamble, Sep 11, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Gamble

    Wes Gamble Guest

    More info.:

    I'm using the MinGW make to try to build this extension.

    =========== Generate Makefile ============
    When I invoke the script to generate my Makefile, I get this:

    C:\ruby-xslt>ruby extconf.rb --with-xslt-dir=c:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32
    compile with :
    CFLAGS = -g -Wall -MD -Zi -O2b2xg- -G6
    -Ic:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32/include -DUSE
    _EXSLT
    LDFLAGS = -Lc:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32/lib -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lpthread
    -liconv -
    lm -lexslt

    creating extconf.h
    creating Makefile
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/mkmf.rb:985: warning: global variable `$preload'
    not initia
    lized

    When I call mingw32-make, I get:

    =========== Invoke make ============

    C:\ruby-xslt>mingw32-make
    makefile:131: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.

    The makefile is attached. Line 131 is:

    {$(topdir)}.cc{}.obj:

    and topdir is defined in the beginning of the makefile as:

    topdir = c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin3

    Is this Makefile incorrect? I'm not sure I've seen syntax like
    {$(topdir)} before.

    Thanks,
    Wes

    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Wes Gamble, Sep 12, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Wes Gamble

    Alex Alex Guest

    Wes Gamble wrote:
    > More info.:
    >
    > I'm using the MinGW make to try to build this extension.
    >
    > =========== Generate Makefile ============
    > When I invoke the script to generate my Makefile, I get this:
    >
    > C:\ruby-xslt>ruby extconf.rb --with-xslt-dir=c:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32
    > compile with :
    > CFLAGS = -g -Wall -MD -Zi -O2b2xg- -G6
    > -Ic:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32/include -DUSE
    > _EXSLT
    > LDFLAGS = -Lc:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32/lib -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lpthread
    > -liconv -
    > lm -lexslt
    >
    > creating extconf.h
    > creating Makefile
    > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/mkmf.rb:985: warning: global variable `$preload'
    > not initia
    > lized
    >
    > When I call mingw32-make, I get:
    >
    > =========== Invoke make ============
    >
    > C:\ruby-xslt>mingw32-make
    > makefile:131: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
    >
    > The makefile is attached. Line 131 is:
    >
    > {$(topdir)}.cc{}.obj:
    >
    > and topdir is defined in the beginning of the makefile as:
    >
    > topdir = c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin3
    >
    > Is this Makefile incorrect? I'm not sure I've seen syntax like
    > {$(topdir)} before.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Wes



    Hi
    I have the same problem in this days !!!
    I used the package "ruby-serialport" to make somethings with RS-232c BUT
    I found errors when I tried to use make from "msys tool"

    That's happens in Windows XP platform... Did you find the solution????
    :-(

    Many thanks
    Alessandro

    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Alex Alex, Oct 1, 2006
    #3
  4. Wes Gamble

    Wes Gamble Guest

    Alex Alex wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have the same problem in this days !!!
    > I used the package "ruby-serialport" to make somethings with RS-232c BUT
    > I found errors when I tried to use make from "msys tool"
    >
    > That's happens in Windows XP platform... Did you find the solution????
    > :-(
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Alessandro


    Alex,

    I haven't resolved it. I was going to try and play with the makefile
    but haven't gotten around to it.

    Wes


    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Wes Gamble, Oct 2, 2006
    #4
  5. Wes Gamble

    Wes Gamble Guest

    Alex,

    I've come back to needing to set up ruby-xslt on Windows. Did you make
    any progress?

    Wes


    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Wes Gamble, Jan 23, 2007
    #5
  6. Wes Gamble

    Alex Alex Guest

    I Wes

    No progress !!! (for now I work with C language to do somethings with
    serial port)
    Sorry!

    see you later
    Alex



    Wes Gamble wrote:
    > Alex,
    >
    > I've come back to needing to set up ruby-xslt on Windows. Did you make
    > any progress?
    >
    > Wes



    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Alex Alex, Jan 24, 2007
    #6
  7. Wes Gamble

    Wes Gamble Guest

    Wes Gamble, Jan 24, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Stylus Studio
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    699
    Stylus Studio
    Aug 3, 2004
  2. Sile
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    700
  3. Rahul S.
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    605
    Flash Gordon
    Nov 1, 2004
  4. Replies:
    6
    Views:
    125
  5. Scott d_o
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    96
    Scott d_o
    Jan 27, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page