Need help setting up ruby-xslt on Windows

Wes Gamble

Has anyone successfully built and used the ruby-xslt library on Windows?

I've downloaded the source, downloaded a libxslt binary, but am having a
heck of a time trying to run make against the downloaded files.

I'm hoping to hear if someone had actually had success with this
building the library in Cygwin. I would then like to ask more questions
if anyone has actually done this.

Thanks,
Wes

Wes Gamble

More info.:

I'm using the MinGW make to try to build this extension.

=========== Generate Makefile ============
When I invoke the script to generate my Makefile, I get this:

C:\ruby-xslt>ruby extconf.rb --with-xslt-dir=c:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32
compile with :
CFLAGS = -g -Wall -MD -Zi -O2b2xg- -G6
-Ic:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32/include -DUSE
_EXSLT
LDFLAGS = -Lc:/libxslt-1.1.17.win32/lib -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lpthread
-liconv -
lm -lexslt

creating extconf.h
creating Makefile
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/mkmf.rb:985: warning: global variable `$preload'
not initia
lized

When I call mingw32-make, I get:

=========== Invoke make ============

C:\ruby-xslt>mingw32-make
makefile:131: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.

The makefile is attached. Line 131 is:

{$(topdir)}.cc{}.obj:

and topdir is defined in the beginning of the makefile as:

topdir = c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin3

Is this Makefile incorrect? I'm not sure I've seen syntax like
{$(topdir)} before.

Thanks,
Wes

Alex Alex

Wes said:
[...]

Hi
I have the same problem in this days !!!
I used the package "ruby-serialport" to make somethings with RS-232c BUT
I found errors when I tried to use make from "msys tool"

That's happens in Windows XP platform... Did you find the solution????
:-(

Many thanks
Alessandro

Wes Gamble

Alex said:
Hi
I have the same problem in this days !!!
I used the package "ruby-serialport" to make somethings with RS-232c BUT
I found errors when I tried to use make from "msys tool"

That's happens in Windows XP platform... Did you find the solution????
:-(

Many thanks
Alessandro

Alex,

I haven't resolved it. I was going to try and play with the makefile
but haven't gotten around to it.

Wes

Wes Gamble

Alex,

I've come back to needing to set up ruby-xslt on Windows. Did you make
any progress?

Wes

Alex Alex

I Wes

No progress !!! (for now I work with C language to do somethings with
serial port)
Sorry!

see you later
Alex