Need help to generate critical report

Nick

I have a critical requirement where I need to club together 4 xml
files and display them in an sibngle HTML report. The xmls are
generated by Java application by a normal file I/O.

Is there a way I can club them together in a presentable format for
reporting purpose ?

So for .g. a.xml, b.xml, c.xml and d.xml. These xmls I want to display
in an html report say report.html in a 4 columns in java.

Please help.

Cheers
Nick

Martin Honnen

Nick said:
I have a critical requirement where I need to club together 4 xml
files and display them in an sibngle HTML report. The xmls are
generated by Java application by a normal file I/O.

Is there a way I can club them together in a presentable format for
reporting purpose ?

So for .g. a.xml, b.xml, c.xml and d.xml. These xmls I want to display
in an html report say report.html in a 4 columns in java.

XSLT can transform XML to HTML and it can process multiple input
documents using the XSLT function named document:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document
Java 1.5 and later I think has XSLT 1.0 support and there are also
several third-party XSLT processor implementations in Java.

Nick

XSLT can transform XML to HTML and it can process multiple input
documents using the XSLT function named document:http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document
Java 1.5 and later I think has XSLT 1.0 support and there are also
several third-party XSLT processor implementations in Java.

Yes XSLT looks to be the way but can you help me out to find out how
can I make use of Java and xslt to join together 4 xmls in a single
html file. The 4 xmls needs to be displayed in a reportable format

Thanks in advance
Nick

Martin Honnen

Nick said:
Yes XSLT looks to be the way but can you help me out to find out how
can I make use of Java and xslt to join together 4 xmls in a single
html file. The 4 xmls needs to be displayed in a reportable format

Well there is no generic solution as it all depends on the structure of
your XML documents and which data exactly you want to extract and
include in the report.
If you show us the relevant XML and tell us the HTML you want to
generate then we can help authoring an XSLT stylesheet.
As for using Java and XSLT, the Java API is documented here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/package-summary.html
If you need help with the Java code then ask in a Java newsgroup.

Joseph J. Kesselman

There are many java-and-XSLT examples/articles/tutorials available. STFW?