    Please help.

    Cheers
    Nick
    Nick, Apr 29, 2008

  2. Nick wrote:
    > I have a critical requirement where I need to club together 4 xml
    > files and display them in an sibngle HTML report. The xmls are
    > generated by Java application by a normal file I/O.
    >
    > Is there a way I can club them together in a presentable format for
    > reporting purpose ?
    >
    > So for .g. a.xml, b.xml, c.xml and d.xml. These xmls I want to display
    > in an html report say report.html in a 4 columns in java.

    XSLT can transform XML to HTML and it can process multiple input
    documents using the XSLT function named document:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document
    Java 1.5 and later I think has XSLT 1.0 support and there are also
    several third-party XSLT processor implementations in Java.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Apr 29, 2008

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On Apr 29, 6:16 pm, Martin Honnen <> wrote:
    > Nick wrote:
    > > I have a critical requirement where I need to club together 4 xml
    > > files and display them in an sibngle HTML report. The xmls are
    > > generated by Java application by a normal file I/O.

    > > Is there a way I can club them together in a presentable format for
    > > reporting purpose ?

    > > So for .g. a.xml, b.xml, c.xml and d.xml. These xmls I want to display
    > > in an html report say report.html in a 4 columns in java.

    > XSLT can transform XML to HTML and it can process multiple input
    > documents using the XSLT function named document:http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document
    > Java 1.5 and later I think has XSLT 1.0 support and there are also
    > several third-party XSLT processor implementations in Java.
    >
    > --
    >
    >         Martin Honnen
    >        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Yes XSLT looks to be the way but can you help me out to find out how
    can I make use of Java and xslt to join together 4 xmls in a single
    html file. The 4 xmls needs to be displayed in a reportable format

    Thanks in advance
    Nick
    Nick, Apr 30, 2008
  4. Nick wrote:

    > Yes XSLT looks to be the way but can you help me out to find out how
    > can I make use of Java and xslt to join together 4 xmls in a single
    > html file. The 4 xmls needs to be displayed in a reportable format

    Well there is no generic solution as it all depends on the structure of
    your XML documents and which data exactly you want to extract and
    include in the report.
    If you show us the relevant XML and tell us the HTML you want to
    generate then we can help authoring an XSLT stylesheet.
    As for using Java and XSLT, the Java API is documented here:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/package-summary.html
    If you need help with the Java code then ask in a Java newsgroup.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Apr 30, 2008
  5. There are many java-and-XSLT examples/articles/tutorials available. STFW?
    Joseph J. Kesselman, Apr 30, 2008